The ASMBS has developed the Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN®) Online Review Course in order to assist those who would like to take the CBN® examination and attain the CBN® certification. This course will provide the learner with a readily available, flexible, easy to use, reasonably priced and quality resource to study for the examination.
Course Overview and Target Audience
This review course is designed for licensed Registered Nurses (RN) who have been involved in the nursing care of morbidly obese and bariatric surgery patients for a minimum of two years and are preparing to take the Certification Exam.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe morbid obesity and the history of weight loss surgery
- Review clinical management for four weight loss surgery procedures
- Explain team collaboration, program administration and outreach related to the management of morbid obesity
- Discuss strategies for successful test taking
- Faculty: Bobbie Lou Price RN MSN CBN, Samer Mattar MD FASMBS, Christine Bauer MSN RN CBN, Barbara Lawrence RN MEd, Jamie Carr BSN RN CBN, Deb Gross BSN MHA CBN, Pamela Davis BSN RN CBN, Laura Boyer RN CBN, Christopher D. Still DO FACN FACP, Julie Parrot MS RD CPT, Steven Ritz PhD.