ASMBS & Industry
ASMBS builds the relationship between industry and ASMBS members, offering monthly/quarterly meetings, conferences, marketing opportunities, and other collaborative ventures. Industry plays an essential role in providing services, products, and equipment that supplement the relationship between the healthcare provider and the patient.
ASMBS recognizes the importance of industry and is proud to partner with leading bariatric/metabolic companies through the ASMBS Corporate Council offering a venue for awareness and support.
Corporate Council Mission
The Corporate Council was organized to develop and enhance the joint strategies and efforts of bariatric surgeons, healthcare, and industry professionals in a proactive approach to addressing the challenges of obesity. Joining the Council provides an opportunity to network with industry peers and ASMBS leadership, making your voice heard in the mission of improving bariatric/metabolic care.
Corporate Council Supports
- ASMBS Annual Meetings
- ASMBS/Bariatric Surgery Public Relations/Advocacy
- Special Projects (i.e. public awareness videos, research)
- Sponsorship opportunities
If your company or organization is interested in joining us and their peers in providing support for an ASMBS event, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Access to ASMBS leadership who provide field updates and exclusive communications on the state of the field/society via/phone and face-to-face meetings
- Committee Meeting updates
- Recognition in the ASMBS monthly newsletter
- Access to ASMBS membership list ($1,000 value)
- Company product/services and website link advertised on ASMBS website
- Access to Care Updates
- Annual meeting "Member" Registration Rates
- First choice option at ASMBS ancillary meetings (i.e. ASMBS Weekend) …and many more!
2021 Steering Committee
Conor McCrea, W.L. Gore
Christopher Moccia, Bariatric Times Chair Elect
Brian Costello, Medtronic
Bob Dougherty, Bariatric Times
Senior Past President
Jim Stockham, Bariatric Advantage Secretary
Jarrod Buchman, Sequence Health Director-At-Large
Kimberly Williams, Novo Nordisk Director-At-Large
Hilary Dilsaver, Olympus
Laura Preston, Celebrate Vitamins Director-At-Large
Matthew Hutter, MD
Shanu Kothari, MD FASMBS
ASMBS President Elect
Lisa West-Smith, PhD, LISW-S
ASMBS IH President
Nathaniel Sann, MSN, CRNP, FNP-BC
ASMBS IH President Elect
Georgeann Mallory, RD
ASMBS Executive Director
Corporate Council Liaison