ASMBS & Industry
ASMBS builds the relationship between industry and ASMBS members, offering monthly/quarterly meetings, conferences, marketing opportunities, and other collaborative ventures. Industry plays an essential role in providing services, products, and equipment that supplement the relationship between the healthcare provider and the patient.
ASMBS recognizes the importance of industry and is proud to partner with leading bariatric/metabolic companies through the ASMBS Corporate Council offering a venue for awareness and support.
Corporate Council Mission
The Corporate Council was organized to develop and enhance the joint strategies and efforts of bariatric surgeons, healthcare, and industry professionals in a proactive approach to addressing the challenges of obesity. Joining the Council provides an opportunity to network with industry peers and ASMBS leadership, making your voice heard in the mission of improving bariatric/metabolic care.
Corporate Council Supports
- ASMBS Annual Meetings
- ASMBS/Bariatric Surgery Public Relations/Advocacy
- Special Projects (i.e. public awareness videos, research)
- Sponsorship opportunities
If your company or organization is interested in joining us and their peers in providing support for an ASMBS event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to ASMBS leadership who provide field updates and exclusive communications on the state of the field/society via/phone and face-to-face meetings
- Committee Meeting updates
- Recognition in the ASMBS monthly newsletter
- Access to ASMBS membership list ($1,000 value)
- Company product/services and website link advertised on ASMBS website
- Access to Care Updates
- Annual meeting "Member" Registration Rates
- First choice option at ASMBS ancillary meetings (i.e. ASMBS Weekend) …and many more!
2022 Steering Committee
Nick Giaconia, Celebrate Vitamins
Shelly Russell, ReShape Lifesciences
Robert Dougherty, Bariatric Times
Immediate Past Chair
Conor McCrea, W.L. Gore
Senior Past Chair
Frank Bisceglie, Medtronic
Brian Costello, Medtronic
Gill Stevens, Novo Nordisk
Joyce Sheffield, Health Economic Advisors
Teresa LaMasters, MD
Marina Kurian, MD FASMCS
ASMBS President Elect
Nathaniel Sann, MSN CRNP FNP-BC
ASMBS IH President
Paul Davidson, PhD
ASMBS IH President Elect
ASMBS Interim Executive Director
Corporate Council Liaison