The true strength of our Society is in the support, dedication and talent of its membership. The Integrated Health Executive Council and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) recognize that members practicing in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery deserve recognition for the dedication, commitment, care and expertise they provide to patients, families and colleagues every day. The COE Award is given to a deserving provider who exemplifies compassion and dedication to care of the metabolic and bariatric surgery patient, as well as executes the visions and goals of the integrated health science section. Purpose:
To recognize a healthcare provider specialized in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery who has made an extraordinary effort to promote and advance the integrated health science section.
Complete the application here. Provide any support materials for the candidate (option to upload when completing the online application)
- Deadline for submission is August 21, 2018. All forms and support materials must be submitted by this date. No exceptions are considered.
The candidate must be a current ASMBS member in good standing practicing in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery, and must be nominated by another ASMBS member also in good standing and practicing in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery. Self-nominations are not accepted. The candidate must also show excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Contributed educational content to Integrated Health Section Meetings, such as ASMBS Weekend and/or ObesityWeek. Content may be in the form of presentations or participation in the planning and development of the education courses.
- Effectively served and actively participated on an ASMBS Integrated Health Section Committee (specify committee/s)
- Contributed to the Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases (SOARD) the official scientific journal of the ASMBS or an equivalent
- Presented an abstract at the annual meeting
- Awarded an ASMBS Integrated Health Research Grant
- Provides excellent care which significantly impacts the patient
Public Awareness Criteria
- Contributed significant effort in planning, developing, and/or implementing the following:
- Development or involvement in public programs (support groups, exercise groups, etc.)
- Development of patient educational materials
- Participates in access to care actives (Hill visits, letters to congressman, etc.)
- Organized a Walk for Obesity Event
- An ASMBS member in good standing
- Participates or has participated at a visible level within the ASMBS
- Dedicated and loyal service to the Integrated Health Sciences Section
- Respected and Admired
Nominee Review and Selection:
All nominees’ applications will be reviewed by the Integrated Health Awards Committee. The Integrated Health Executive Council will vote anonymously for the nominee who best fulfills the COE award criteria. The nominee with the highest number of votes will receive the award.
IHEC members who currently serve on the committee are eligible. However, they must recuse themselves from participating in the selection process.
The Circle of Excellence Award will be presented to the recipient annually at ObesityWeek during the ASMBS Integrated Health Town Hall and Presidential Address. ASMBS members please fill out the form in its entirety and send your nominations to Jennifer Wynn at email@example.com by August 21, 2018. Please include a brief statement describing how your nominee meets the criteria.