Post a Job Listing
Employers can submit a job listing through our online form.
Are you an ASMBS Member? Log in and use this form to submit your job posting at no charge.
St. Elizabeth Physicians, Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
BC/BE bariatric surgeons wanted to join our growing, well-respected group with the full support of our award winning hospital system, St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Join the St. Elizabeth Physicians team and enjoy it all–a competitive compensation and benefits package, a great place to live and work, and a very substantial referral base.
This opportunity allows you to enjoy Kentucky’s natural charm and all that metropolitan Greater Cincinnati has to offer. Northern Kentucky is on the banks of the Ohio River and boasts affordable costs of living, award winning schools, college and professional sports, exceptional fine arts, and is sixth in the nation for its number of Fortune 500 Company headquarters.
St. Elizabeth Physicians is a multi-specialty physician group organization consisting of 331 physicians, 74 mid-level providers and more than 1000 non-provider associates. We serve more than 279,000 patients in our 109 conveniently located sites in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. Integrated with our five St. Elizabeth Hospitals, together we are innovating how healthcare is delivered in our region.
Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare, Elmhurst, IL
Immediate Opening! Interviewing Now!
Prominent Healthcare System in the Chicago Western Suburbs is looking for an experience Bariatrician to join our team and be an integral part of launching/growing our NEW Bariatric program to the communities we serve.
Please respond for immediate consideration.
Bariatric Surgeon Physician Assistant Opportunity
Northeast Georgia Health System, Gainesville GA
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), one of the largest multi-specialty groups in North Georgia, brings together more than 200+ talented physicians, advanced practitioners and other clinical staff and represents 23 specialties at over 52 locations. NGPG is an affiliate of Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS). NGPG is currently recruiting a Board Certified/Board Eligible Physician Assistant to join our growing practice.
- Group Practice; 5 General Surgeons, 1 Bariatric Surgeon and 3 PA’s
- Clinic 2-3 days/week; Surgery (including general and bariatric cases) 2-3 days/week (however, not a “set” schedule)
- Work closely with supervising physician sharing patients in clinic – 25-30 patients daily
- Round on patients; First Assist in Surgery to include general surgery, robotic surgery and advance laparoscopy
- Eventually be comfortable giving Public Information Presentations to potential Bariatric Surgery patients
- The ideal candidate will possess a mature, calm, even-keeled personality and compassionate bedside manner. A self-starter mentality and excellent work ethic along with a positive, flexible attitude are critical.
Northeast Georgia Medical Center, (NGMC) is a 557-bed regional referral center located in Gainesville, Georgia providing a wide array of healthcare services complemented by a medical staff of over 550+ members that represent a vast range of primary care and sub-specialty physicians.
To learn more about these opportunities, contact Erica Morrison at 770.219.3021 or Erica.Morrison@nghs.com
Northern Westchester County, NY
Join one of the fastest growing most lucrative private bariatric surgical practices in the New York Area. Currently have offices in Manhattan, Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk County), and Westchester County. Excellent starting salary with bonus incentive and partnership opportunity. Bariatric Surgery fellowship or experience is necessary. Have full support structure built into practice with physician assistants, nutritionists, psychologist, etc. The New York Bariatric Group provides extensive marketing and physician outreach to get your practice up and running very quickly.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send resume to email@example.com or call 516-616-5500. Position available to start immediately
Greenville Health System, Anderson & Greenwood, SC
Greenville Health System (GHS), the largest healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a Bariatric Surgeon to join our Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery Division of the Department of Surgery at GHS. Board Certification/Board Eligibility in General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery Fellowship completion and two years’ experience as a bariatric surgeon are required. The selected candidate will join our offices in Anderson and Greenwood, SC and will perform surgeries at our Simpsonville, SC community hospital – an ASMBS Level One Center of Excellence. The position requires six hours/week travel time between three counties. http://www.ghsbariatricsolutions.com/
GHS employs over 12,000 people including 800+ physicians on staff. The system includes clinically excellent facilities with 1,662 beds on 7 campuses. We offer 15 residency and fellowship programs, as well as one of the nation’s newest 4-year medical education programs: University of South Carolina School of Medicine–Greenville, located on GHS’ Greenville Memorial Medical Campus. We are a designated Level I Emergency Trauma Center and also have a separate research facility.
Upstate South Carolina is a beautiful place to live and work and the GHS catchment area is 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte, and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. We are ideally situated near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes. We enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
We offer excellent benefit plans, malpractice insurance, full relocation packages, and a competitive salary.
Please submit letter of interest and current CV to, In-house Physician Recruiter, Caroline Bates, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenville Health System is an equal opportunity employer which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Medical Director, Weight Management Center
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas
Provides medical oversight for all Weight Management Center (WMC) clinics and programs offered at 5 Houston Methodist locations (OPC, Sugar Land, West Houston, Willowbrook and St John). Includes all the medical weight management programs, medical nutrition therapy appointments and groups, diabetes education programs, and pre and post bariatric services. Responsibilities include:
- Monthly clinical rotation for Medical Weight Management (MWM) clinics at assigned locations
- Interviewing all patients upon entry to the MWM program to discuss patient’s physical exam and prior medical/weight history, weight loss expectations and goals, and any medication changes/recommendations
- Reviewing monthly lab reports on assigned MWM patients, responding to critical results, and advising on any corrective action based on results
- Managing medications pertinent to the effects of weight loss (diabetes and hypertension meds) and serving as a liaison with MWM patients’ PCPs while in the program
- Assisting the WMC team in the development and implementation of protocols to ensure patient safety
- Responding to patient questions/issues that arise
- Providing after hours on-call coverage for medical emergencies
- Serving as the medical advisor for any clinical studies submitted from the Weight Management Center or in partnership with other academic institutions
- Doctor of Medicine from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years medical practice experience in Internal Medicine; 1-2 years work experience with obese bariatric patients preferred
- Texas Medical License; Board certification in Obesity Medicine (ABOM) preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please send your resume to rhenges@HoustonMethodist.org
About Houston Methodist Hospital
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” since 2006. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was designated as a Magnet organization in 2002, 2006 and again in 2011 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® – a prestigious designation which recognizes excellence in nursing services. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery RN Coordinator
Methodist Hospital of Southern California, Arcadia, CA
The nurses of Methodist Hospital are always exploring new ways to think, learn and grow. Every team member of our 400-bed, not-for-profit facility in Arcadia works in unison to help our patients—and each other—reach their goals and achieve positive outcomes. Together, we deliver care with the greatest compassion, while always striving to exemplify our shared values of Integrity, Safety, Innovation, Excellence, Respect and Accountability. If you’d like to join our exceptional team of nurses in The Next Generation of Care, consider the following opportunity:
The Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator (MBS Coordinator) serves as the liaison between the Bariatric Surgery Program at MHSC and the MBSAQIP (Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program) and is responsible for the on-going development and coordination of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Program. This includes program development, establishing goals and objectives, maintaining relevant policies and procedures, patient education, staff education, financial analysis, materials development, and marketing support. The MBS Coordinator assists with outcomes data collection and oversees performance improvement efforts.
Requires a Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred), CA RN license, 3 years’ exp. in bariatric surgery, at least 3 years of supervisory exp., and active membership in the American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery. Must have effective planning, negotiating, coaching, leadership, analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills, clinical knowledge of trends in care of surgery patients, extensive knowledge of gastric bypass surgery, and be able to recognize and capitalize on marketing and business development opportunities. Prefer 5 years of acute care exp.
Centers of Excellence
Methodist Hospital has been designated a Center of Excellence in the following services by various accrediting organizations:
- Bariatric (weight loss) Surgery Center of Excellence – designated by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- LA County EMS (Emergency Medical Services) STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center
- LA County EMS Approved Stroke Center
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- Comprehensive Community Cancer Center – designated by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Heart Care – Heart Failure Gold Plus Award by the American Heart Association and the Mission Lifeline Gold Performance Award for STEMI treatment
- Disease-specific certification by The Joint Commission for acute coronary syndrome, acute myocardial infarction and heart failure
- Stroke Care – Advanced Certification by The Joint Commission as a primary stroke center and the Gold Plus Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
Here, you’ll enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package, including professional development programs, a shared governance model & much more.
BC/BE Fellowship Trained Laparoscopic Surgeon
Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors, East Setauket, NY
Expanding Laparoscopic/Bariatric Practice
Seeking BC/BE fellowship trained laparoscopic surgeon to join group of two surgeons. Senior surgeon fellowship trained in Laparoscopy in self-established practice for last thirteen years. Second surgeon fellowship trained in Bariatric Surgery from Cleveland Clinic. Work at four area hospitals. Cases include general surgery, advanced laparoscopy, and Bariatric Surgery (hiatal hernias, nissen fundoplication, heller myotomy, lap cholecystectomy, cbde, lap appendectomy, lap colon, lap ventral & inguinal hernias, lap spleen, lap gastric bypass, sleeve and lap band).
- Three year contract w/instruction in practice management
- Salary with additional CME reimbursement
- Medical/Dental coverage
- Malpractice insurance coverage during course of employment
- Reasonable call schedule
- Generous amount of personal time off
Contact Office Manager: Susan Silvester
- Located on the north shore of Long Island, 60 miles outside of NYC
- NYC accessible by car and LIRR
- Township population: 1/2 million people
- Excellent local school districts
- Abundance of local attractions and family friendly environment
- Nearest airport within twenty miles
Offices Located at 4 Technology Drive, East Setauket, NY 11733
Bariatric and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon
Prime Surgicare, Central New Jersey
Seeking a Fellowship Trained Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgeon to join a thriving private practice in a Center of Excellence. Position is well remunerated with paid vacation, benefits, CME, 401K and bonus package.
Candidate should be affable, well spoken and ready to participate in practice building and general surgery call.
If interested please send your CV to:
Dr. Seun Sowemimo
Lake Health Bariatric Surgery Center, Cleveland, OH
Full-time, office-based Physician Assistant who will participate in all aspects of pre- and post-operative bariatric patient care as part of a comprehensive bariatric surgery program located in suburban Cleveland, Ohio.
Background in nutrition preferred but not required.
Position offers significant job satisfaction in a friendly, supportive environment.
Interested parties should email resume to: Courtney.Holbrook@lakehealth.org
Please let me know if you need any additional information.