Email your questions about your ASMBS membership application.
Don’t forget to have your CV ready to upload during the application process!
ASMBS welcomes all surgeons, osteopathic physicians, physicians and supporting healthcare professionals. This includes, but is not limited to bariatric & metabolic surgeons, endocrinologists, anesthesiologists, bariatric physicians, pediatricians, geriatricians, gastroenterologists and any other physicians involved in bariatrics.
Choose your membership category to get started:
|Surgeon or Physician||International||Integrated Health|
Why Join the ASMBS?
- Complimentary subscription to the digital version of SOARD, Surgery for Obesity And Related Diseases.
- Discounted registration to the ASMBS Annual Meeting, ASMBS Weekend and post-graduate CE courses.
- Access to the NEW ASMBS DocMatter Online Community – a private platform for members to discuss cases and engage in clinical discourse.
- Your practice and contact information in our Find a Provider registry, searchable by prospective patients.
- Access to members-only documents and online resources.
- Eligibility to join your local ASMBS State Chapter which provides educational lectures and lobbies towards state political issues and local insurance problems.
- Email alerts about new published research findings, political events and society highlights.
- Complimentary membership in the OAC, Obesity Action Coalition, and IFSO, the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders. (This does not apply to International Members.)
- Opportunities to join ASMBS committees that impact research, education, patient access, innovation, communication and public service in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
All memberships must be renewed annually. Membership is on a calendar-year basis (January – December)
Payment must be received before an application is reviewed. Please allow 2-3 weeks from submission of COMPLETE and PAID application for review.
Apply For Membership
Applications will be processed within 2-3 weeks upon receipt of COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, required documentation and paid membership dues.
Please have your current curriculum vitae ready to upload prior to completing your online application.
Applications must be paid and letters of recommendation must be received before applications go to committee for approval. Please review ASMBS industry policy prior to applying for membership.
Discounts available to ACTIVE United States Military, $60 (online only SOARD) or $160 (print and online SOARD).
Complete membership applications may take up to 2-3 weeks for review and approval. Incomplete applications will delay the approval process. COMPLETE applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to any ASMBS conference to qualify for member discount.
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery prohibits discrimination against any member or any applicant for membership because of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.