Post a Job Listing
Employers can submit a job listing through our online form.
Are you an ASMBS Member? Log in and use this form to submit your job posting at no charge.
WellSpan Health, Lebanon, PA
WellSpan Health, a sophisticated medical community in southcentral Pennsylvania, is seeking a fulltime Bariatric/General Surgeon to join WellSpan Surgical Specialists – Lebanon. This respected and well-established group enjoys a strong, loyal referral base.
• Full time, employed position with WellSpan Medical Group (WMG)
• WMG’s one of the most mature medical groups & employs 1,600+ providers
• Board certification in General Surgery & Bariatric fellowship training required
• 3-5 years of experience and endoscopy skills are preferred
• MBSAQIP verified surgeon is ideal for this role
• Physician will lead the 3rd Bariatric Surgery program in WellSpan Health
• Demonstrated community need with substantial growth potential
• Projected short-term volume of 120 cases per year
• Potential for WellSpan Health system leadership role
• This collegial group is comprised of six providers (4 physicians and 2 APCs)
• Excellent schedule provides a well-balanced lifestyle
• Surgeries performed @ Good Samaritan Hospital, Lebanon Co’s only hospital
• GSH is a 170-bed hospital, featuring a CT Surgery Program
• 9 general ORs and robust robotic surgery program in place
• Busy ED has 56,000+ visits per year
• The entire WellSpan system utilizes EPIC
• 24 hour inpatient coverage provided by the hospitalist team
• Excellent administrative leadership and support
• State-of-the-art outpatient office in lovely suburban location
• Competitive compensation & generous signing bonus
• Excellent benefits, including a rich retirement package
• Full relocation & paid medical malpractice with tail coverage
About the Community:
• Centrally located near the PA Turnpike and west of Philadelphia
• NYC is just 2.5 hours via Amtrak from Lancaster, PA
• Abundant outdoor activities include bicycling, fishing, golf and hiking
• Chesapeake Bay and DE, MD & NJ beaches are an easy drive
• Family oriented community with excellent public & private schools
• Low cost of living and excellent quality of life
For immediate confidential consideration, please contact:
Ann Reid, Physician Recruiter
Bariatrician – Family Medicine/Internal Medicine
Park Nicollet Health Services, Minneapolis, MN
Park Nicollet Bariatric Surgery Center, which is accredited by the American College of Surgeons, is seeking a part-time (.8FTE) medical bariatrician to join it’s collaborative team of 3 bariatric surgeons, 4 bariatricians, 3 physician assistants, experienced bariatric nurse clinicians, dietitians, psychologists, physical therapists and great support staff. Ideal candidate will be board certified in obesity medicine or board certified in IM or FM with anticipation of becoming board certified in obesity medicine. Duties will include medical weight management of the non-surgical patients, pre-op medical screening, post operative follow-up for vertical sleeve gastrectomy and roux–en-y gastric bypass, and post-operative acute visits. No weekends or call and a flexible work schedule is available.
We believe outstanding health care is delivered when we merge the science and intellect of medicine with the compassion, spirit and humanity of our hearts. We achieve this by partnering with patients and families in everything from care decisions to service and facility design. As we work together as a unified team, we engage patients, families and the community, and put them at the center of everything we do.
Park Nicollet Health Services, which includes Park Nicollet Clinic, TRIA, and Methodist Hospital, has been repeatedly recognized nationally for quality improvement and care activities. Park Nicollet clinic is one of the largest multispecialty clinics in the United States, with over 900 clinicians providing care in 45 medical/surgical specialties and subspecialties.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
For immediate consideration, please apply on line at www.parknicollet.com/careers. For more information contact Missy Fisher, Director Clinician Recruitment, at (952) 993-6025 or Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Laparoscopic/Bariatric Surgeon
Bristol Health Medical Group, Bristol, CT
Bristol Health Medical Group is a thriving network of community-based practices staffed by over one hundred of the region’s most skilled primary care physicians, specialty care physicians and advanced practice providers dedicated to Bristol Hospital’s goal of being one of the best community hospitals in Connecticut.
We have an exceptional full-time opportunity for an additional board certified, general/bariatric surgeon to grow in an already established surgical practice. Our 169-bed community hospital has a comprehensive, well established bariatric program that includes two fellowship trained surgeons, a coordinator, patient navigator, bariatric surgery clinical reviewer and In/Out –patient registered dietitians as well as a team of collaborative specialty practices. You’ll be part of a community hospital and medical staff that is committed to delivering the safest, highest quality care to its patients.
The Department of Surgery at Bristol Hospital has a 50,000 sq.ft. state-of-the-art surgical suite with 7 OR’s, 2 endo suites and is equipped with the da Vinci Xi Surgical System for robotic procedures, a highly skilled OR support team, 24/7 surgical PA support and services in Orthopedics, Plastics, Urology, Vascular, Wound Care and MBSAQIP accredited Bariatric Surgery Program.
- Has multiple office locations in and around Bristol community
- Contemporary surgical practice located adjacent to OR
- Collegial and collaborative team of multi-disciplinary providers
- Fully integrated EMR with dedicated IT staff
- Shared call
Bristol Hospital Multi-Specialty Group Offers:
- Attractive salary with productivity and quality bonuses
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Comprehensive array of health benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Employer paid malpractice coverage
- Relocation assistance provided
- J1 and H1b sponsorship
Our community is:
- Conveniently located in the center region of Connecticut
- Safe, family-oriented communities with excellent public and private schools
- Close proximity to urban living with diverse cultural opportunities including concerts, ballet, theatre, museums and wineries
- Plenty of surrounding shopping centers, restaurants and movie theatres to visit at your leisure
- All the joys of New England recreation: fishing, hiking, boating, biking, skiing and snowboarding
- Easy travel distance to Bradley International Airport
- Direct access to the Connecticut coastline
- Easy commute to big cities – only two hours from both Boston and NYC!
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Traci Brown in our Physician Recruitment Office at 800-892-3846 or email your CV to Tbrown@bristolhospital.org.
Bariatric Associates, PA, Central New Jersey
- Wanted: Board Certified or Board Eligible General Surgeon
- Qualifications: Fellowship trained in Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery
- Where: New Jersey large private practice
- Our purpose: We seek a surgeon with an inner compulsion for their work
- Package: Excellent benefits, compensation, malpractice coverage, and opportunity for further education
- Why apply? So you can do something every day you care about and believe in deeply, and do your work with people who will help you do it. The position is open for advanced laparoscopic and robotic general surgery procedures such as foregut surgery, complex abdominal wall hernias repair and bariatric surgery
Applicants should send résumé to Shannon Cooper at email@example.com or call (800) 200-5553.
Bariatric Coordinator – Nursing
St. Luke’s Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
- The Bariatric Coordinator, under the direction of the Institutional Leadership, shares responsibility for administering all aspects of the Bariatric program.
- This Coordinator acts as a professional leader in assessing, planning, organizing, directing and evaluating program activities for the Bariatric Service Line.
- Coordinates and facilitates the content, planning and development of needed educational seminars for patients and staff pertaining to Bariatric Services.
- Coordinator works closely with the Program Medical Director, program staff, physicians, patients, patient’s families, and the community to develop and manage strong relationships and business development activities of the division, including physician and community relations programs.
- Coordinator will manage ongoing compliance of the Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. Evaluation and dissemination of ongoing data.
- Responsible for achieving goals and providing timely progress reports to Medical Director and Executive leadership as needed.
- It is required that a licensed health care professional or registered dietitian fills this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. * Program planning and/or project management experience and evaluation strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills; proficiency in MS Office required.
- Critical thinking skills required. Must be autonomous and self-driven. Must be able to work well independently and with others.
- Demonstrated competencies include: Customer Focus, Problem-Solving, Strategy Development, Performance Reporting.
- Preferred 2 years recent clinical experience with the Bariatric population in a medical/surgical setting or ambulatory surgery setting with program development.
- Maintains Professional Competencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
James Flinn, FACHE
St. Luke’s Medical Center
1800 East Van Buren Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85006
Manhattan Bariatric Surgery Practice, NY, NJ and CT
Growing bariatric and general surgery practice looking for a fellowship trained bariatric surgeon. Training in robotic surgery is a plus. Looking for applicant with good hands who wants great mentors to learn the ropes and the opportunity to work in Manhattan. Practice is offering competitive compensation and benefit package.
Manhattan is well known world-wide. It has the concrete canyons and the inimitable skyline; Manhattan that has the world’s brightest and most renowned theater district; Manhattan that has Central Park, Rockefeller Center, the Guggenheim Museum, and the World Trade Center; and Manhattan that comprises iconic neighborhoods like Harlem, the Upper East Side, Times Square, and Greenwich Village.
If interested, please fax over a copy of your CV for review: (212) 537-0345
Behavioral Health Psychologist for Weight Management
Samaritan Health Services, Corvallis, Oregon
Samaritan Health Services is searching for a Behavioral Health Psychologist to join our bariatrics team at Samaritan Weight Management Institute in Corvallis, OR. We are looking for a team-oriented Psychologist to join a multidisciplinary group. At Samaritan Weight Management Institute, we take a holistic approach to weight management and bariatric surgery, and as a psychologist you would function as an integral professional in a dynamic group of dedicated surgeons, nurses, medical assistants and dietitians. The psychologist is embedded in the SWMI clinic providing new patient evaluations, counseling pre- and post-op patients, warm hand offs, and some group support/counseling. There will be an expectation to instruct psychology trainees. We know that everyone’s weight management needs are not the same. That is why our program combines outstanding medical quality with a kind, complete follow-up program that you won’t find anywhere else.
• Joining a team of 2 general surgeons, 1 RN care coordinator and 3 dietitians
• 4.5-day work week- Monday-Friday open 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
• 3-10 plus patients a day
• Located at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis, Oregon
• Must have a positive attitude towards wellness and the care of the obese patient
• Must have a willingness and aptitude to learn the specialty of bariatrics and robotic surgery
• Must be a can-do team player that will fit in well with our multidisciplinary practice
• Eligibility to work in the United States
• PhD/PsyD level education in the field of Psychology or possession of an earned doctorate degree deemed equivalent by Oregon regulations pertaining to Psychologist licensure required
• License to practice psychology in the state of Oregon required, or,
• Those psychologists licensed in another jurisdiction will be considered on a case by case basis and must obtain Oregon stated licensure within three months of employment, or,
• Membership with applicable state/national organization preferred
• Psychologist: Two years post-doctoral experience in a medical setting preferred. Previous experience in weight management related setting
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME days plus allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefits package.
Banner Health, Banner University Medical Center – Phoenix
The academic faculty of the University of Arizona School of Medicine-Phoenix is recruiting a board-certified Bariatric Surgeon with fellowship training in bariatric surgery to join our MBSAQIP nationally accredited program. Led by Robin P. Blackstone, MD, FACS, FASMBS, the program, started in 2015 is growing quickly with a focus on clinical expertise in high acuity patients, resident and medical student training and research.
The position is ideal for an early to mid-career academic surgeon with personal experience within a high-volume comprehensive nationally accredited center.
Successful Applicants Must:
• Demonstrate an engaging and passionate commitment to the excellent care of the obese patient
• Have exceptional experience, ideally at ease operating independently
• Demonstrate superior leadership, teaching surgical, clinical, and research skills
• Have published peer reviewed journal articles and participated in research protocols
• Board Certified in General Surgery and Accredited by ASMBS as a Certified Bariatric Surgeon
Joining our team will include helping to shape the development of the research and teaching agenda and participating in the growth of the program.
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally-recognized 733-bed, Level 1 Trauma facility has been recognized for 12-years as one of America’s “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently rated as a “Best Place to Work” in Arizona.
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community.
What Phoenix Has to Offer:
• 6th largest city in the US and one of the sunniest metropolis areas in America
• 85% of daylight hours are filled with sunshine
• Surrounded by the beautiful and adventurous Sonoran Desert
Total Compensation Package Includes:
• Competitive salary plus incentives
• Paid malpractice
• Paid CME Plus Allowance
• Sign-on bonus/relocation assistance
• 401 (k) w/ matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans
• Excellent benefits package options that provide security for you and your family
Join the Banner Health Team, one of the country’s premier, nonprofit health care networks, where you’ll have the time to connect with your patients, your practice, your family and the great outdoors! We offer dedication to work/life balance unmatched in our industry. Meaning you get to spend more time doing what you love. That’s HEALTH CARE made easier, LIFE made better!
Contact Information: Please submit your CV, for immediate consideration, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please call Andrea Hawkins, Sourcing Strategist, at: (970) 810-2302. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer.
Medical Assistant or P.A.
Advanced Weight Loss Surgery, Rockville, Maryland
We are seeking a reliable and dependable Nurse Practitioner for immediate hire at Bariatric/General Surgery practice. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
We are looking for:
- Professional, reliable, punctual
- Able to see bariatric weight management patients independently, under MD supervision
- Motivated to encourage patients, while implementing the bariatric surgical guidelines and the Advanced Weight Loss Surgery philosophy of treating patients for weight loss
- Able to maintain a fast-paced environment, efficient use of time overall
Our patient charts are electronic, and we require computer literacy, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are seeking a candidate who possesses an upbeat, positive, can-do attitude, as well as a passion for bariatric and general surgery. Our primary focus is always on patient service, and we therefore require a candidate who genuinely cares for the well-being of our patients.
Duties will include conducting consultations/evaluations, assisting in small in-office procedures, pre and post operative care, providing post surgical follow up care with 4-5 days per week spent in the office.
Requirements include: Current Nursing License in the State of MD, Current ACLS/BLS.
- Performs comprehensive medical exams for bariatric and general surgery patients requiring health evaluation
- Orders and reviews labs and other ancillary diagnostics tests, integrates into management plan
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with other members of the healthcare team
- Educating and guiding weight-management patients on healthy lifestyle habits
- Managing overall patient care regarding lifestyle and surgical requirements
- Prescribing medications
- Maintains knowledge base by reading professional literature and attending staff development and continuing education courses annually
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
New Jersey Bariatric Group, Northern New Jersey
Growing medical and surgical weight loss practice seeks an Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physician to focus on bariatric medicine and primary care to complement our bariatric surgery practice. The successful candidate will be a team player who can work with our healthcare team to deliver the best possible care to our patients.
The individual will coordinate the day-to-day medical clinical activity of the practice’s offices in conjunction with the surgeons, physician assistants, medical assistants and office manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading the medical weight loss practice, seeing patients in need of primary care, hospital rounds, management of post-op/pre-op patients and data coordination.
This person shall have strong written and verbal communications skills as well as good follow-up skills with patients and colleagues.
A NJ state license, medical degree and internal medicine/family medicine residency required. A competitive base salary and bonus structure with excellent benefits is available to the successful candidate. Travel between offices required.
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Weight Management Center Staff Dietitian
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
JOB SUMMARY: Functions as an active member of the health care team, collaborating with all disciplines to provide the highest quality nutritional care. Assesses nutritional needs for optimal patient care related to weight loss, weight maintenance and nutritional deficiencies. Provides nutritional assessments, education, and documentation of medical nutrition therapy to patients that reflect interdisciplinary care and up-to-date nutritional knowledge. Contributes to the development and completion of departmental goals and outcomes projects related to the Weight Management Center.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BA/BS degree in human nutrition, foods and nutrition, biological sciences or dietetics from an accredited college or university and completion of an approved route to registration by the American Dietetic Association. Previous experience as a registered dietitian preferred.
REPORTS TO: Nutrition Program Coordinator/Site Lead
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is required. Active licensure by the NC Board of Dietetics/Nutrition is required.
- Assesses nutritional needs of patients. Participates in the patient evaluation process and provides education/nutrition therapy for the Weight Management Center. Monitors nutritional orders/care plans for optimal outcomes.
- Participates in interdisciplinary clinical programs to provide optimum nutrition care and improve patient outcomes. Contributing to the continuous improvement of patient outcomes and patient care services and the achievement of hospital and/or department goals.
- Updating knowledge and skills to maintain, improve, and document competency.
- Develop and teach nutritional content using evidence based practices to promote optimal nutritional health and therapeutic outcomes.
- Development and implementation of nutritional tools/resources for Weight Management Center.
- Participation in educating learners (e.g. dietetic interns).
- Demonstrate ability to administer new patient seminars and registration.
- Monitor provider schedules to ensure 100% capacity of new patient clinics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products/services specific to Weight Management Center.
- Demonstrate competency with point of sale system.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental policies and procedures promoting a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrate a personal responsibility and commitment to customer service and satisfaction by utilizing communication skills to interact with patients, customers, and staff to develop interpersonal relationships and team building.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, their families, and the general public.
- Computer skills in word processing, PowerPoint presentations, and spread sheets.
Contact Amber Kelly at: email@example.com or 336-716-6099
Primary Care Weight Management Physician
OhioHealth Physician Group, Columbus, OH
Starting Bonus, Relocation Allowance, and Student Loan Repayment available.
Our OhioHealth family of associates is a collaborative group that discovers and succeeds together. Our culture is defined by our mission and OhioHealth values of excellence, compassion, integrity and stewardship.
OhioHealth has been a FORTUNE 100 Best Company to work for since 2007. Being a Best Company is about our culture and how we engage one another. This recognition is one measure of our success in achieving a part of our vision — to be an organization "where people want to work."
Position Summary: The Weight Management Physician is responsible for the care of the patients for both our medical (non-surgical) program and our surgical program. The program is designed to provide patients with the tools they need for success including dietary changes, exercise programs, and emotional support through our counseling team.
• Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician
• Bariatrician certification preferred
• Comfortable with medications for weight loss
• Familiar with body composition analysis
To learn more and apply, please contact Jessica Federer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-544-4355.
OhioHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Laparoscopic Bariatric/General Surgeon
New Jersey Bariatric Group, Northern New Jersey
Established and busy bariatric and general surgery practice with offices in northern and central New Jersey seeks a fellowship-trained, board-certified bariatric and general surgeon to join our practice. Our program is a ASMBS center of excellence designate, with surgeons we support them with a strong multi-disciplinary team of physician assistants, nutritionists, psychologists and insurance experts. We pride ourselves in a collaborative and team approach among the entire staff, and we’re looking for surgeon with strong surgical skills, excellent patient communication ability and willingness to work hard to build his/her practice with our support.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including malpractice coverage, medical/dental insurance, paid vacation/CME and 401K
Outpatient Dietitian – Per Diem or Part-Time
Northwest Weight and Wellness Center, Everett, Washington
The outpatient dietitian provides individualized medical nutrition therapy and education to medical and surgical weight loss patients using an interdisciplinary team approach in the outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgery center environments. We have 2 full-time RDs and are seeking an additional RD on a per diem or part-time basis. Our center is located 20 miles north of Seattle. We are truly interdisciplinary with surgeons who are also board certified in obesity medicine, a ARNP, PA, exercise physiologist, and pyschiatric nurse practitioner. Please email Laura Andromalos, MS, RD, CDE, CSOWM, for more information at email@example.com.
Job Duties & Performance Standards
• Accurately assess patients’ nutrition status, nutrition-related knowledge, and readiness for intervention
• Develop nutrition care plan to meet desired outcomes using clinical, biochemical, socioeconomic, and psychosocial factors
• Provide medical nutrition therapy, counseling, and/or education in alignment with nutrition care plan
• Thoroughly and efficiently document and communicate nutrition care plan through written and verbal systems including electronic medical record
• Lead and/or participate in patient-focused events such as support groups and seminars as needed
• Use software applications and technology, such as health-related apps and telehealth platforms, to engage patients and support positive outcomes
• Collaborate with other clinicians and administrative staff within and beyond NWWLS to support optimal outcomes in patient care
• Evaluate food and supplement products based on their patient appropriateness, safety, and utility for use in the retail store or for recommending to patients
• Participate in patient satisfaction surveys and problem solving with patient issues
• Contribute to quality improvement processes and promote positive nutrition outcomes to support MBSAQIP accreditation status
• Participate in team and company meetings
• Develop and expand professional proficiency in the areas of weight management, bariatric surgery, and diabetes
• Serve as mentor or preceptor to dietetic interns and students including coordination of learning experience and provision of feedback
- Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Dietitian in the state of Washington
Preferred Credentials & Experience
- Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or related field
- Certified Diabetes Educator and/or Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management
- At least one year experience with weight management, bariatric surgery, and/or diabetes management
- Basic computer knowledge
Mount Sinai Queens, Astoria, New York
Looking for a PA to serve as Bariatric Coordinator.
Candidate would work with two surgeons in the office, wards, and in the operating room.
Eric D. Edwards MD
Chief of Surgery, Mount Sinai Queens