Post a Job Listing
Employers can submit a job listing through our online form.
Are you an ASMBS Member? Log in and use this form to submit your job posting at no charge.
Bariatrician Obesity Medicine Specialist
Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple, TX
Joining the Baylor Scott and White Health team of medical professionals is a calling that is both fulfilling and rewarding. Our culture thrives in a physician-led spirit of excellence. Becoming a member of our multidisciplinary team grants you access to collegiality, innovation and advanced resources in technology. National and regional recognition of our hospitals by U.S. News & World Report is a reflection of our talent and commitment to advanced quality care that is safe and compassionate.
Baylor Scott and White Health is seeking an outstanding academic Bariatrician Obesity Medicine Specialist to join the Division of Bariatric Surgery, within the Department of Surgery at our flagship hospital in Temple, TX. This is an employed career opportunity with a generous benefits package that offers work-life balance, a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, and no state income tax.
- Pre and Post-Operative, non-surgical support for Medically Supervised Weight Loss patients
- Weight loss management for non-surgical patients
- Join a team of five surgeons: three advanced practice providers
- Privileges at our MBSAQIP Accredited facility in Temple, TX
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine with extensive experience or fellowship training in Obesity Medicine. ABOM certification preferred.
- Academic affiliation to Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Large general surgery residency program with resident coverage at all times
- Large, rapidly growing tertiary referral practice
Location/Facility – Baylor Scott and White Clinic – Temple, TX Specialty/Department/Practice – Bariatrics / Department of Surgery Shift/Schedule – Full-Time
Our competitive benefits package includes the following*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages *Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
About Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Temple Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Temple is a 574-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital with a Level I Trauma designation. In 2018, the hospital was ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and one of the top 15 teaching hospitals in the United States by Thomson Reuters. The hospital has 31 accredited residency and fellowship programs that include specialties in emergency medicine and radiology and offers a well-established and respected chaplain resident program.
About the Community Temple is regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas and was ranked the sixth most affordable place to live in the U.S. in 2019. In addition to no state taxes, Temple enjoys a robust economy, and a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College.
For consideration, please formally apply online at: http://jobs.bswhealth.com/
For more information, please send your CV to: Teresa Washington, SHRM-CP, Sr. Physician Recruiter Teresa.Washington1@BSWHealth.org
Posted 2/3/23 Expires 5/3/23
Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
Job Description for a Bariatrician (Primary/Family Medicine Care Provider specializing in Obesity Medicine)
- See new consultations for medical weight loss patients
- Follow up patients for medical weight loss (patients typically follow up monthly for medical weight loss so this would lead to exponential growth)
- Manage any patients who need medical weight loss prior to surgery
- Manage any patients who have weight regain after surgical weight loss
- Redirect inquiries for those who qualify or have interest in surgical weight loss to the bariatric program
- Support the establishment of an accredited medical weight loss center with the ASMBS
The below graphic breaks down the job into specific areas of focus
- Obesity screening/prevention
- Screening patients for obesity and obesity-related/metabolic conditions
- Body Composition/Metabolic Assessment
- Diet and Physical Activity Measurement
- Behavioral assessment
- Obesity phenotypes
- Clinical management
- evaluating, diagnosing, and treating specific obesity-related/metabolic conditions
- Obesity treatment
- Multidisciplinary approach for providing treatment recommendations
- Nutritional/behavioral therapy
- Long-term maintenance therapy
- Patient retention,
- Behavioral preference-reinforcement value
- Board certified or board eligible in their specific field (there are multiple different avenues to get to obesity medicine so can’t list one specific field)
- Either completed a fellowship in bariatric medicine or been practicing for at least 2 years as an obesity medicine specialist
- Passed the American board of obesity medicine exam
Please submit an application using Interfolio via http://apply.interfolio.com/113404 Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until qualified candidate is found. Please submit all your materials to be included in the first review.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Karen Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 2/3/23 Expires 5/3/23
Bariatric Registered Dietitian II/III
Ventura County/Health Care Agency, Ventura, CA
As a member of the Ambulatory Care, Magnolia West Clinic, health care team, the Bariatric Registered Dietitian is responsible for the nutrition assessment of bariatric surgery candidate patients and patients.
This dietitian develops and implements nutrition care plans and nutrition therapy for bariatric surgery candidates and patients evaluating and adjusting treatments as necessary in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary treatment team. In addition, this dietitian will provide group education and therapy services. Other types of patients may be assessed for which nutritional care plans will be developed.
In addition, the incumbent may participate in the education of co-workers, including resident physicians and outpatient education at off-campus clinic sites to address chronic care management needs of bariatric surgery and other high-risk patients, including patients diagnosed with diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, obesity, etc.
Registered Dietitian II/III
- Registered Dietitian II: $26.21 – $38.58 hourly
- Registered Dietitian III: $26.69 – $43.70 hourly
Registered Dietitians are represented by the Service Employees’ International Union and are eligible for overtime compensation.
This is a continuous recruitment and applications must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day the recruitment closes.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at http://www.ventura.org/jobs
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION A thorough pre-employment, post offer background investigation which may include inquiry into past employment, education, criminal background information, and driving record may be required for this position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY The County of Ventura is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
Posted 2/3/23 Expires 3/3/23
Bariatric and Metabolic Center, Douglas, GA
Performs nutritional assessments and nutrition screens, which are appropriate and timely per established policies and procedure for patients undergoing Bariatric surgery. Develops nutrition care plans and monitors patient response to care plan developed. Keeps thorough and updated information on patient profile sheets. Provides diet consultations as ordered by physicians. Collaborates with physicians and nursing to deliver quality nutrition care. Documents clinical productivity. Provides needed in-services as assigned. As requested, participates in teaching for community education classes or participates in health fairs. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor. Performs pre surgery nutrition classes for Bariatric Surgery. Leads a support group for post op bariatric surgery patients every 8 weeks.
For more information, please contact Megan Mcelroy, MBS Coordinator, at email@example.com
Posted 2/3/23 Expires 5/3/23
Bariatrician – Part-time
Park Nicollet, Minneapolis, MN
Park Nicollet Health Services
Family Medicine/Internal Medicine
Bariatric Medicine Physician
Park Nicollet Bariatric Surgery Center, which is accredited by the American College of Surgeons, is seeking a part-time (.8FTE) Medical Bariatrician to join it’s collaborative team of 3 Bariatric Surgeons, 3 Bariatricians, 6 Physician Assistants, experienced Bariatric Nurse Clinicians, Dietitians, Psychologists, Physical Therapists and great support staff. Ideal candidate will be board certified in obesity medicine. Duties will include medical weight management of the non-surgical patients, pre-op medical screening, post operative follow-up for vertical sleeve gastrectomy, roux–en-y gastric bypass, duodenal switch, and post-operative acute visits. No weekends or call and a flexible work schedule is available.
We believe outstanding health care is delivered when we merge the science and intellect of medicine with the compassion, spirit and humanity of our hearts. We achieve this by partnering with patients and families in everything from care decisions to service and facility design. As we work together as a unified team, we engage patients, families and the community, and put them at the center of everything we do.
Park Nicollet Health Services, member of the HealthPartners Organization, is a large award-winning integrated multi-specialty group practice including Park Nicollet Clinic, TRIA Orthopedics and Methodist Hospital recognized locally and nationally for great care and leadership. Share your expertise in an environment that supports new treatments and innovations while embracing a strong work-life balance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
For immediate consideration, please email CV to Stasi Johnson, Clinician Recruitment, Park Nicollet Health Services,Stasi.Johnson@parknicollet.com or apply online at http://www.parknicollet.com/careers
Posted 1/31/23 Expires 4/3/23
Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center, Herndon, VA
Busy private practice looking to hire a fellowship trained Bariatric Surgeon or general surgeon with bariatric and general surgery experience to join a well-established, trained and specialized Bariatric team practicing at two Centers of Excellence locations.
Our practice has developed a Comprehensive Program which includes our dieticians, physician assistants, certified bariatric nurses, and a bariatric specific office. We have done over 5,000 bariatric operations in total and over 400 surgeries annually. We perform original and revisional bariatric procedures, as well as endoscopy and general surgery on our bariatric patients. If you have interest in this job and this looks like a good fit for you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 1/31/23 Expires 4/3/23
Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center, Herndon, VA
Physician Assistant (PA) needed to join a growing Bariatric Practice in Herndon, VA.
Full time position- Responsible for seeing patients in office, rounding on patients in hospital, and assisting with surgeries – Little call, rare holidays, rare weekends.
This position is responsible for providing and coordinating medical, surgical and other specialty care to patients under the auspices of a supervising physician or the supervising physician’s agent in various settings. Duties include managing a clinic schedule for first visit consults and follow-up treatment, performing physical exams, interpreting lab results, prescribing and managing medication and performing pre-operative evaluations. The PA will also provide focused counseling related to weight management including diet and physical activity. Additionally the PA will assist with laparoscopic bariatric procedures and rounding on patients.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
- Examine, diagnose and treat patients for immediate health care needs, as well as provide employer services.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic studies when indicated
- Instructs patients and families regarding treatment plan and medications
- Consults with physician when warranted to assess patient condition and treatment
- Ensures that medical charts and administrative paper work is completed in a timely manner
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits
- Provides follow-up care to patients according to practice guidelines
- May perform preoperative assessment of patient and confirms completion of required documentation
- Confirms that medical clearance and all diagnostic tests are performed and documented
- Performs within guidelines of specific privileges approved by the
- Monitors patients and administers medications according to Facility policy
- Provides support to medical and office staff
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of surgery experience is preferred; however, new graduates are encouraged to apply. Experience helpful, but not required.
- Must maintain CEU’s in pertinent clinical practice according to licensure requirements.
- BLS and ACLS Certification must be maintained.
- PA: Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program is required.
Job Type: Full-time
or more information, please contact Danielle Fitzer at email@example.com
Posted 1/31/23 Expires 4/3/23
Advanced GI/MIS/Bariatric Surgeon
Digestive Doctors and Surgeons, Coeur d’Alene, ID
Northwest Institute for Digestive Surgery is seeking another Fellowship-trained Bariatric and MIS surgeon with Advanced GI/MIS and Endoscopy training. Established private practice with strong relationships with 2 local hospitals (Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls, ID) consists of 3 fellowship trained surgeons and 3 Advanced Practice Professionals. This high volume practice encompasses comprehensive bariatric surgery and foregut surgery programs, as well as includes the full complement of minimally invasive and general surgery. Additionally, our practice has a full-spectrum diagnostic GI lab and dedicated advanced endoscopy unit with a high volume surgical endoscopy program. Our surgeons also participate in the Trauma/Acute Care Surgery program at the Level 2 trauma center in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
Initial employed position with partnership track and other potential entrepreneurial opportunities. Fantastic opportunity for great work/life balance with a high volume, state-of-the art surgery practice in a rural community with world-class lakes, ski resorts, and other outdoor activities.
To apply, please contact Heather Claussen at Heather.firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 1/30/23 Expires 4/2/23
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
The Cleveland Clinic, one of the world’s most distinguished academic medical centers and ranked among the top four hospitals in America by U.S. News & World Report, announces a search for a bariatric psychologist at the Cleveland Clinic Bariatric and Metabolic Institute. This position is available immediately.
Bariatric/Weight Management Psychologist at the Cleveland Clinic Bariatric and Metabolic Institute: Cleveland Clinic’s Bariatric & Metabolic Institute (BMI) is one of the nation’s premiere clinical programs and is certified as a Center of Excellence by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). The BMI, the largest bariatric center in the state of Ohio, has a high level of clinical and research productivity, a diverse patient population, and considerable interdisciplinary interaction with surgeons, obesity medicine specialists, and dieticians. This position will support the growth of the bariatric psychology team, which is already strongly represented and highly respected within the BMI program. As the BMI psychology team currently consists of seven psychologists and two postdoctoral fellows, the candidate would be joining one of the largest embedded bariatric psychology teams in the country.
Candidates would provide comprehensive psychological evaluations and individual and group-based interventions for patients undergoing bariatric surgery. The candidate may also occasionally treat patients seeking non-surgical, behavioral weight management. In addition to clinical responsibilities, BMI psychologists participate in research, clinical supervision, teaching, and program development.
The BMI offers a rich, multidisciplinary, collaborative environment for research. There is a strong educational component to the position, and the successful applicant will play a role in the supervision of postdoctoral fellows and graduate students’ research and clinical training. Other potential educational roles include teaching of medical students in the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (CCLCM; a branch of Case Western Reserve University). The successful applicant will be appointed to the CCLCM at a level commensurate with experience.
Qualifications: Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology with APA-approved internship (health psychology focus) and licensure in Ohio (or license eligible). Health psychology fellowship and experience in bariatrics and/or weight management is strongly preferred.
This dynamic position commands a competitive salary enhanced by an attractive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous time away coverage: vacation, parental leave, holidays and CME time
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conference travel
- Flexibility in determining an appropriate mix of in-person and virtual visits
- Highly competitive retirement plans with employer contribution
Please submit your application to: https://www.practicematch.com/physicians/job-details.cfm/626237 or email your current CV and cover letter to: Kasey Goodpaster, PhD at email@example.com
Posted 1/25/23 Expires 4/25/23
Part Time Bariatric Surgeon for a Large Public Health and Hospital System in Silicon Valley
County of Santa Clara Health System, San Jose, CA
Better Health for All
Santa Clara Valley Health & Hospital System (SCVHHS), a large public teaching healthcare system, affiliated with Stanford University School of Medicine, is seeking part-time BC/BE Bariatric Surgeon to join our dynamic practice in our Department of Surgery at O’Connor Hospital.
About the organization
Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System (SCVHHS) is the second-largest County-owned health and hospital system in California and is committed to improving the health of the 1.9 million people of Santa Clara County. SCVHHS is comprised of three hospitals: Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC – a 731-bed central hospital), O’Connor Hospital (OCH – 358 licensed beds), and Saint Louise Regional Hospital (SLRH – 93 licensed beds); in addition SCVHHS includes a large primary care network comprised of eleven health centers throughout the County, several urgent care clinics, a broad-range of specialty services in our Valley Specialty Center, comprehensive dental services, a large behavioral health department, public health, EMS, and Valley Health Plan.
About the Department
The Department of Surgery is a large, dynamic department which consists of 9 divisions, including general surgery/trauma, otolaryngology/head and neck, neurosurgery, plastic and reconstructive, urology, ophthalmology, cardiac (thoracic/vascular), podiatry and dental. Allied Health Professionals including Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants are an integral part of our team. Our group practice model affords excellent surgical and career growth with a balanced personal life. The department members serve as teaching faculty for Stanford residents in all areas, except for podiatry and dental, and hold affiliated clinical faculty appointment.
About the Position
The successful candidate will be BC/BE by the American Board of Surgery, joining the General Surgery Division. The candidate is expected to have fellowship training in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery. The position includes the provision of acute care general surgery services, as well as the care of a wide range of outpatient surgical patients. Robotic surgical system is available at the hospital, including a well-structured team. He/she will also collaborate with the existing Bariatric Surgeon during surgeries, and increase the collaboration as the Bariatric Program grows.
About compensation and benefits
We offer competitive compensation, generous comprehensive benefit package (including 54 days of leave per year), paid malpractice (with tail coverage), vibrant professional environment, opportunity for career growth, and the opportunity to serve a multicultural patient population.
If you are interested in joining a practice with unparalleled personal and professional advantages, then please submit your letter of interest and CV to Roya Rousta at MD.Recruitment@hhs.sccgov.org
The San Francisco Bay Area is well known for its rich diversity of cultures. Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System seeks candidates whose experiences have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The County of Santa Clara is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 1/25/23 Expires 3/25/23
Bariatric Surgeon position in Virginia
Valley Health, Winchester, VA
Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeon In Virginia
Here is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, comprehensive, Metabolic and Bariatric Program. Our surgical treatment options include
• Laparoscopic band • Sleeve • Gastric Bypass • Duodenal Switch • Revisional Procedures
We are an MBSAQIP comprehensive center that is also recognized as a Blues Distinction + Bariatric Center, Optum Health Center of Excellence as well as Cigna 3 Star Bariatric Program.
Our fully developed program is staffed with a bariatric physician who manages insurance mandated diets full time dietitians and behavioral health who evaluate and follows all patients; as well as Advanced Practice providers for routine patient follow ups. Opportunities to provide other advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures may exist.
The successful candidate must have fellowship training in metabolic and bariatric surgery or substantial prior experience in metabolic and bariatric surgery.
If you would enjoy serving a hospital with 100+ years of history that consistently ranks in the top 5% for clinical excellence in the nation, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Winchester Medical Center is located in the scenic Shenandoah Valley of Virginia – only 60 minutes from metropolitan Washington D.C.
For more information, please contact Summer Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org and 540-247-6613
Posted 1/25/23 Expires 3/25/23
Behavioral Health Psychologist- Weight Managment
Samaritan Health Services, Corvallis, OR
Samaritan Health Services has an opportunity for a Behavioral Health Psychologist – Weight Management
Samaritan Health Services a non-profit integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a full time Behavioral Health Psychologist to join our team in Corvallis, OR at our Weight Management clinic. Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center is a 188-bed medical facility located in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The only hospital in the city, it is a level II trauma center, and serves as the regional hub for Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Provide pre-screening for patients seeking bariatric surgery; pre- and post-op therapy for patients seeking or after surgery; facilitate groups and medical weight loss program assessment; partner and collaborate with surgeon(s), dietitians, and additional behavioral health staff.
- Approximate patient volume includes 8-10 assessments daily, in addition to group facilitation
- Opportunity to teach, or otherwise engage with psychology residents and fellows
- Option for 4.5 or 5 days/week; 25 patient contact hours weekly
- Doctoral Level Degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical psychology from an APA accredited institution – Health Psychology emphasis preferred
- Current Oregon Licensure or license eligible (Psychologist post-doctoral residents will be assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- Preference given to candidates with experience in eating disorder background and treatment
- Eligibility to work in the United States
We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice, CME allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Location Details Physicians and their families will appreciate the abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available in the Willamette Valley, as well as proximity to the pristine Oregon Coast, the Cascade Mountains for snow sports, and Portland, Oregon’s largest city – all within two hours! Experience the unmatched quality of life that our area has to offer.
Posted 1/25/23 Expires 2/25/23
PSYCHOLOGIST: Bariatric Surgery Clinic
BANNER HEALTH, Fort Collins, CO
Join a Top-5 Large Health System and Enjoy Practicing Along the Northern Colorado Front Range with Views of the Rocky Mountains in your Backyard!
Banner Health, one of the country’s premier non-profit healthcare networks is expanding its team of Psychologists in Northern Colorado and is actively recruiting a PhD or PsyD level Psychologist to join our growing Bariatric Service Line at Banner Fort Collins Medical Center. In this role, you will collaborate with our bariatric surgeons, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, and other support staff to create a customized plan for our patients that help them reach their weight loss goals and improve their health and quality of life. Our psychologist will diagnose and treat a full spectrum of psychological conditions by providing compassionate, evidence-based, and multidisciplinary care.
Practice details include:
- .5 FTE | Monday – Friday w/flexibility
- No Call | Outpatient
- Provides comprehensive psychological evaluations and individual and group-based interventions for patients undergoing bariatric surgery
- Candidate may also treat patients seeking non-surgical, behavioral weight management
- In addition to clinical responsibilities, bariatric surgery psychologists participate in research, clinical supervision, teaching, and program development
- PhD or PsyD
- Licensed, or eligible for license, as a Psychologist in Colorado
- 1 – 2 years of post-doctoral experience in a medical setting
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and experience in providing evidence-based psychological care in a multidisciplinary weight management team
Northern Colorado is one of the best places to live and work in the entire nation. Enjoy spectacular views along the Rocky Mountain Front Range, great weather (over 300 days of pure Colorado sunshine a year), endless recreational activities, and more. Banner Health has multiple clinics and three hospitals in this region.
- Named No. 4, Best U.S. Cities to Raise a Family: MarketWatch – April 2019
- Over 600 park acres to take advantage of and 20 miles of hiking trails
- Excellent public transit, but if you prefer cycling, the city is extremely bike-friendly
- 100,000+ population, surrounded by cities with a variety of cultures
- Situated at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains; it is a 45-minute drive to Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park, Denver, Greeley, premier restaurants, and endless recreational activities
- 60 miles North of Denver International airport
Banner Health offers competitive salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Paid time off plans
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the healthcare field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer.
Posted 1/19/23 Expires 4/19/23
Weight Loss and Wellness Center, Livingston, NJ
Patient centric, truly a comprehensive center focused on helping patients fight the disease of Obesity, Weight Loss and Wellness Center is looking to add an Advanced NP to their team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing practice with excellent outcomes and a great reputation. We practice evidence based medicine offering world class service to help patients of all ages suffering from the disease of obesity, gastroesophageal reflux disease, foregut disorders. This is a full time position with benefits, 401 k with paid time off. If you feel passionate about obesity and would like to be made to feel a valuable part of a team and not just another employee – this is the place for you!
For more information, please contact Dr. Saniea Majid at email@example.com
Posted 1/19/23 Expires 3/19/23
Houston Weight Loss, Houston, TX
Houston Weightloss is seeking an eager general/bariatric surgeon to join a busy and growing practice in Houston Texas.
- The incoming surgeon will need to have completed a general surgery residency, or can also have fellowship training in minimally invasive surgery, and bariatrics.
- The surgeon will need to be board certified, or board eligible pending certification from training in residency or fellowship
- Must be able to obtain or maintain an active and clear Texas medical license
- Ability to work in the US as a citizen
- A spanish-speaking physician is desired, but not required for the position
- Must be willing to help cover hospital calls for bariatrics and general surgery
- Join a very busy general/bariatric surgeon in private practice
- Houston Weightloss will provide a competitive salary plus bonus structure with the opportunity to become a partner after 2 years of service.
- The package will include a relocation allowance
- Paid call available after probationary period
About the Practice:
- The current surgeon has 15+ years of practice experience and runs a very successful surgical/bariatric practice
- Looking to grow and expand to meet the volume needs of the practice
- Volume is currently a 20% general surgery, 80% bariatric mix of patients
- Current physician sees close to 1500 surgical cases per year.
Houston blends warm, personal charm and a laid-back pace with all of the modern amenities and conveniences of a dynamic and emerging cosmopolitan community with a surprisingly low cost of living. Here, families, singles, professionals, and retirees enjoy a safe, friendly environment with access to great year-round weather. Houston is an outdoor enthusiast’s year-round paradise. Houston and its surrounding areas are a wonderful place for you and your family to put down roots.
For more information, please contact Maria Martinez at Managerhoustonwtloss@gmail.com
Posted 1/13/23 Expires 4/13/23
Houston Weight Loss, Houston, TX
Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for patient admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research, and educational activities. Assisting in the OR may be necessary as well as performing rounds at the hospital.
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents, and communicates the plan of care and follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests.
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with the physician, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions, and any referrals on patient charts.
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Assure the deliverance of high-quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Assesses plans, directs, implements, coordinates, and evaluates the program’s day-to-day operations.
- Provide education to pre-operative and post-operative bariatric surgery patients
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs ARC-PA) program, required.
- A current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the Texas State Department of Education, is required.
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Experience in bariatric or weight management preferred.
Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate will be a determined-based compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget, and internal equity).
For more information, please contact Maria Martinez at Managerhoustonwtloss@gmail.com
Posted 1/13/23 Expires 3/13/23
Tulane University School of Medicine, Lakeside Hospital, Metairie, LA
The Registered Dietician is responsible for providing optimal nutrition care of the bariatric surgery patients across the continuum of care.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field
- Registered dietician in good standing. Licensed to practice dietetics by the LA State Board of Examiners of Dietitians
- Complete 1200 hours of supervised practice through an ACEND accredited internship, pass the national CDR exam, and complete professional continuing education for registration maintenance.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Clinical knowledge of digestion and nutrient absorption physiology
UNIVERSITY-WIDE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Performs initial nutrition assessment and preoperative education as well as participates in the screening of potential candidates for bariatric surgery. Reviews clinical and biochemical data to formulate a nutrition care plan encompassing socio-economic and psychosocial factors.
Assesses education requirements of patients and families or significant others, implement plan of action according to individual requirements. Develops and coordinates group and individualized nutrition education curriculum and instruction material with comprehensive language and aesthetic quality.
Participates in development of clinical pathways associated with patient flow from initial nutrition visit, through follow up and completion of post-surgical course. Collaborates with inpatient healthcare staff to maintain continuity of care. Collaborates with inpatient healthcare staff to maintain continuity of care.
Counsels post-op patients to ensure dietary compliance, nutritional adequacy and formulation of weight management goals. Assesses and adjusts diet regimen based on diet tolerance, weight changes, laboratory values and clinical parameters. Oversees the development of bariatric-focused and nutrition-related education modules for patient support groups.
Evaluates nutritional products based on their patient appropriateness, safety, availability and cost. Contributes to cost containment by careful use of supplies.
To apply, please contact Karen Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org and (504)988-1739
Posted 1/12/23 Expires 4/12/23
Bariatric Surgeon – Loyola University Medical Center
Loyola Medicine, Melrose Park, IL
The Department of Surgery at Loyola University Chicago (LUC) Stritch School of Medicine invites applications for a full-time academic Bariatric and advanced MIS Surgeon to join its comprehensive, multidisciplinary program. The Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care (MSBC) provides a comprehensive program of education and care for morbidly obese patients and patients with metabolic diseases. In addition to offering medical weight loss, the center offers surgery consisting mostly of the laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass procedure, the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy procedure, and conversions from sleeve gastrectomy to gastric bypass. The medical, psychological, nutritional, and surgical staff are specialists in the surgical and medical management of obesity. The center offers a separate outpatient facility at our Loyola Gottlieb campus (hosting all the disciplines), regular endoscopy time, and robotic block time at our main campus in Maywood and at our Gottlieb campus. We are in the process of applying for a comprehensive center of excellence at our Gottlieb campus in addition to our longer standing site at the main Loyola campus.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with all of these surgical procedures. A medical degree and board certification in General Surgery are required, as well as fellowship training in Minimally Invasive Surgery, with heavy emphasis on bariatric surgery. There also needs to be a commitment to education. Salary will be commensurate with experience and academic rank.
Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, Loyola University Health System is a quaternary care system with a 61-acre main medical center campus and 22 primary and specialty care facilities in Cook, Will and DuPage counties. The medical center campus is conveniently located in Maywood, 13 miles west of the Chicago Loop and 8 miles east of Oak Brook, IL. The heart of the medical center campus, Loyola University Hospital, is a 570-licensed-bed facility. It houses a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Burn Center and the Ronald McDonald® Children’s Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center. Also on campus are the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola Outpatient Center and Center for Heart & Vascular Medicine as well as the LUC Stritch School of Medicine, the LUC Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and the Loyola Center for Health & Fitness. An important component of the clinical program is the strong affiliation with Edward G. Hines Jr. Veterans Administration Hospital situated on an adjacent campus. Gottlieb Memorial Hospital is a 247-licensed-bed facility that is 4 miles north of the main campus in Melrose Park, Illinois. It is the site of the MSBC clinic and an expanding site for bariatric and general surgery for the clinical practice. It is a level II trauma center and houses the Loyola Cancer Care and Research at the Marjorie G. Weinberg Cancer Center at Melrose Park.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to Dr. Vivian Gahtan, Chair of Surgery, care of Danica Denning, Physician Recruitment Office, at email@example.com as well as apply online at http://www.careers.luc.edu/; http://www.loyolamedicine.org/; https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/23215
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification for the job), national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posted 1/5/23 Expires 4/4/23
Weight Management Clinical Health Psychologist
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Mayo Clinic’s Division of Outpatient Consultation within the Department of Psychiatry and Psychology in Rochester Minnesota is seeking a PhD level Psychologist to join our team supporting Mayo Clinic’s multispecialty Advanced Weight Management Program. Our psychology team focuses on the psychological assessment and behavioral treatment of patients seeking weight loss treatment, including bariatric surgery, endoscopic interventions, weight loss medications, and lifestyle intervention. The successful candidate will provide excellent team-based outpatient care in coordination with multidisciplinary weight management specialists and contribute to our educational programs and research mission.
The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated interest and experience in providing evidence-based psychological care in a multidisciplinary weight management team. The position includes strong support for academic productivity and professional growth, with numerous opportunities for collaborative research, education, training, and teaching. Team members have participated in NIH and Industry funded clinical trials for obesity and are involved with national societies that are guiding cutting edge practice and research innovations in obesity treatment. Academic rank in the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science will be granted commensurate with experience. Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic’s mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds. We are open and flexible to accommodate an FTE from .8 to 1.0 for this position. This position is based in Rochester, Minnesota and we offer a generous relocation package.
Joining Mayo Clinic offers you industry leading benefits. You will have plenty of options for medical, dental, and vision care insurance. Flexible spending accounts let you defer pre-tax dollars to handle your out-of-pocket medical expenses. Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability let you rest easy, and our generous time away and CME programs help you enjoy a healthy work-life balance. Finally, outstanding retirement benefits including a defined benefit Pension Plan along with 401k/403b savings programs with a match ensure financial stability after your life-changing career at Mayo Clinic.
Candidates must be eligible for licensure in the state of Minnesota and be Board-certified/Board-eligible through the American Board of Professional Psychology. Requirements for the position include completion of an APA or CPA accredited doctoral program and internship, with experience in empirically based treatment approaches. Applicants should demonstrate a strong interest in multidisciplinary clinical, educational, and research collaboration and excellent interpersonal communication and leadership abilities
For more informartion please contact, Justin Breckenridge, MBA at firstname.lastname@example.org 507-422-9392
Posted 1/4/23 Expires 4/4/23
Assistant Professor of Surgery/Research
NYU School of Medicine/Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY
The Department of Surgery at New York University Grossman School of Medicine is seeking an exceptional investigator in the field of obesity and metabolic surgery. The position is based at Health and Hospitals-Bellevue Hospital, located at 462 First Avenue, adjacent to the NYU Medical Center Complex (550 First Avenue). Qualifications are MD/DO and/or PhD, strong track record of publication, and experience with applying for extramural funding or a record of obtaining funding. The ideal candidate will be a scientist who plans to secure funding within the next 3 years to build a research program focusing on the mechanisms of obesity/metabolic surgery focusing on the underrepresented minority demographic of our patient population. This person will have the ability to collaborate with existing members in other departments across the institution, strengthening the collaborations among existing obesity researchers across NYULMC.
Bellevue Hospital is the oldest public hospital in the United States and is the largest safety-net hospital in NYC. The Bellevue Hospital Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Program has been MBSAQIP accredited since 2010 and currently performs approximately 3000 bariatric procedures annually.
For more information, please contact Manish Parikh, MD | Director, Laparoscopic/Bariatric Surgery, Bellevue Hospital | Chief, Perioperative Services, Bellevue Hospital at 212 263 8187 and email@example.com
Posted 1/3/23 Expires 4/3/23
Bariatric Surgery Research Fellow
NYU School of Medicine/Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY
The Department of Surgery at New York University Grossman School of Medicine is seeking a candidate for a one-year research fellowship to start July 2023 and end June 2024. This position is ideal for an existing categorical surgery resident who is interested in taking time off to pursue research endeavors in the field of obesity and metabolic surgery. The position is based at Health and Hospitals-Bellevue Hospital, located at 462 First Avenue, adjacent to the NYU Medical Center Complex (550 First Avenue). Qualifications are MD or equivalent. The research fellow is expected to continue/complete ongoing research projects, develop new research objectives, projects and proposals; use the EPIC infrastructure to create reports of clinical outcomes; identify research funding and apply for grants; write manuscripts and present work at national meetings.
Bellevue Hospital is the oldest public hospital in the United States and is the largest safety-net hospital in NYC. The Bellevue Hospital Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Program has been MBSAQIP accredited since 2010 and currently performs approximately 3000 bariatric procedures annually. The research fellow should be able to leverage the high clinical volume not only at Bellevue Hospital but also within the HHC network as well as the NYU Langone Network (additional 2000 procedures annually).
For more information, please contact Manish Parikh, MD | Director, Laparoscopic/Bariatric Surgery, Bellevue Hospital | Chief, Perioperative Services, Bellevue Hospital at 212 263 8187 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 1/3/23 Expires 4/3/23
ACADEMIC MIS FACULTY
Harbor – UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
The Department of Surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is seeking an academic surgeon within the Division of General, Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)/Bariatrics. Candidates must be board-certified or eligible in General Surgery and have completed a fellowship in MIS. Successful candidates must have experience and expertise in both general and minimally invasive surgery, including benign foregut, bariatric, complex abdominal wall reconstruction, as well as hernia and cholecystectomy, including open, laparoscopic and robotic surgery. Excellent communication skills and an interest in working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment are essential. Candidates must have, or be eligible for, a California medical license.
A strong interest in the teaching of surgical residents and medical students is vital. Strong consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated leadership, a strong history of scholarly research, interest in working with an underserved population, and evidence of excellence in surgical education. A recommendation for an academic appointment to the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA at the assistant, associate or professor level will be made, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is an academic teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and is located in southwest Los Angeles. The medical center is part of the Department of Health Services at Los Angeles County, and is a major public teaching hospital that treat many underserved patients. Harbor-UCLA has its own separate Department of Surgery, with 13 divisions. The hospital supports its own independent general surgery residency training program. Recently modernized operating rooms, completed in 2014 are equipped with the full spectrum of state-of-the-art equipment. Thus there are ample opportunities for resident education, multidisciplinary collaboration and clinical research. The hospital is also affiliated with the Lundquist Institute, a major independent research center.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Posted 12/21/22 Expires 2/21/23
Bariatric Registered Dietician
Kaiser Permanente, Bellevue, WA
Directs and manages total nutritional care of patients/residents in their assigned areas, e.g. ambulatory, hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health, maternal/child health, hospice, geriatric. Screens and assesses patient nutritional status; develops and implements nutrition care plan; reassesses and adjusts care plan. When care plan includes nutrition counseling and/or education, provides counseling and/or education for patients/residents, family members and care givers. Consults and educates physicians and other health care providers regarding medical nutrition therapy issues and policies/procedures. Complies with local, state and federal requirements.
Develops and provides advanced nutritional screening and assessment of patients/residents for appropriate nutrition intervention utilizing behavioral and biophysical health parameters.
Develops and directs nutritional care plans based on the patients/residents assessment. Care plans are developed in collaboration with other disciplines (interdisciplinary) and families as appropriate to achieve patient care goals and optimal outcomes.
Designs and provides education to patients/residents, families and caregivers regarding nutrition and diets on an individual and/or group class basis. Develops meal plans to meet the patients/residents lifestyle. Implements nutritional care plans to include follow-up and referrals to government, community and/or KFHPW facilities for continuity of nutritional care as required.
Consults and educates physicians and other health care staff and/or committees regarding clinical nutrition issues/concerns, policies and procedures. May work closely with health care staff to provide nutritional expertise for a specific patient population (e.g. diabetic).
Provides input into quality improvement plans, policies and procedure development relating to nutrition therapy. Follows local, state and federal guidelines regarding patient care. Maintains material resources, updates as necessary. May oversee Clinical Diet Technician (DTR), Diet Assistants and/or Diet Technician students. May provide nutrition expertise to the community.
For complete job listing and description visit:https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/bellevue/registered-dietitian/641/34229380096
For questions contact: Ruth Pigg, email:email@example.com
Health Psychology Faculty Position: Clinical Director of Behavioral Health Adult Obesity and Bariatric Program
The MetroHealth System, Cleveland, OH
Health Psychology Faculty Position:
Clinical Director of Behavioral health Adult Obesity and Bariatric Program
We are seeking a Full Time Health Psychologist (Assistant or Associate Professor) with expertise and experience in the behavioral treatment of adults with the chronic disease of obesity and related metabolic and eating disorders. Psychologists will work with our multi-disciplinary Weight Loss Surgery Weight Management Center team to provide individual and group assessment and treatment of patients with obesity who are 1) preparing for or have had metabolic and bariatric surgery; 2) are being treated with medications; 3) struggling with new or relapsed addiction issues after weight loss surgery; and 4) have binge eating disorder or bulimia nervosa.
- Doctorate in psychology from an APA-accredited college or university program with an emphasis in heath psychology
- Doctoral internship in clinical/counseling/health psychology in an APA-accredited program
- Completion of a health psychology post-doctoral fellowship in a health care setting
- Current, valid, unrestricted licensure to practice as a Psychologist in Ohio by start date
- Eligibility for ABPP Board certification in Health Psychology and/or the Certification Board of Obesity Educators
- Background and experience in training, program development and collaborative research
- Training and experience with adults in • behavioral treatment of obesity, weight management and health maintenance • evaluation and treatment of patients preparing for surgery • education/counseling of obesity related eating disorders, (e.g., membership/activity in The Obesity Society)
- Experience with diverse patient populations
We offer an extremely competitive academic compensation package based on academic rank which includes base salary with a generous production bonus, health insurance, paid time off, liability insurance, an academic appointment to the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine faculty at a rank commensurate with experience, CME opportunities, malpractice coverage and an impressive pension program with a generous employer match through the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS).
Interested candidates should e-mail their CV and a letter outlining clinical and academic interests to: Britt A. Nielsen, PsyD, ABPP Director, Division of Psychology The MetroHealth System, c/o Eloy Vazquez, Provider Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org
In employment, as in education, MetroHealth System and Case Western Reserve University are committed to Equal Opportunity and World Class Diversity. Women and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.
Psychologist – Virtua Bariatric Surgery
Virtua Health, Moorestown, NJ
Virtua Medical Group is seeking a full-time or part-time licensed Psychologist to join our comprehensive care, surgical weight loss program as we grow and expand. The Psychologist will function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Surgeons, Psychologists, Registered Dieticians, our bariatric navigation team as well as other medical practice staff.
The role of the Psychologist will be to provide pre-surgical evaluations for psychological clearance to bariatric surgery candidates, as well as individual and group behavioral health services to pre-op and post-op program participants in support of their lifestyle change and wellness journey. The Psychologist will work closely with the Lead Psychologist and the Director of Bariatric Surgery. Knowledge and experience with behavioral medicine is required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and those with bariatric experience.
Being a part of the bariatric team means you’re a part of Virtua Medical Group (VMG). VMG is a large not-for-profit, multi-specialty, clinician led organization of nearly 1,000 clinicians and growing. We offer outstanding benefits including loan forgiveness, paid malpractice, paid vacation time, CME stipend, and a competitive compensation structure.
Please contact VMG Recruiting at VMGRecruiting@virtua.org for further information or to submit your resum
Posted 12/12/22 Expires 2/12/23
Bariatric Clinical Dietitian
TidalHealth, Seaford, DE
Why work at TidalHealth?
Looking for a rewarding place to work? Choose TidalHealth. U.S. News & World Report, a global authority in hospital rankings and consumer advice, has named TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke as 2022-2023 High Performing hospitals for 11 challenging and elective health conditions; the highest award a hospital can earn for U.S. News’ Best Hospitals Procedures & Conditions ratings. Located just 30 minutes from the beach, TidalHealth offers the widest array of specialty and subspecialty services such as neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, emergency/trauma care, comprehensive cancer care, wound care and clinical trials and research. Take advantage of our tuition assistance and scholarship programs to grow both personally and professionally.
Bariatric Dietitian Position Summary: The Metabolic and Bariatric Dietician is responsible for coordinating and implementing services and activities related to the Bariatric Centers of Excellence at TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke
- Provide nutrition guidance and counseling to metabolic and bariatric surgery patients pre and post-operative through development, implementation, and monitoring of dietary recommendations pertaining to weight loss surgery.
- Provision of clinical nutrition care requires knowledge of the principles of weight loss surgery and the ability to analyze data, assess nutrition status and formulate nutrition care plans.
- Assist in center development, patient education, and relevant staff education on the aspects of diet and nutrition related to metabolic and bariatric surgeries.
- Act as a liaison between the weight loss center, the bariatric coordinator, and the surgeons performing metabolic and bariatric surgery at both centers.
- Work closely with the bariatric coordinator to ensure timely submission and accurate information regarding diet and nutrition for the pre- and post-surgical patient.
- Lead support groups and track attendance for pre- and post-surgical patients.
- Travel required between Seaford, DE & Salisbury, MD locations
Bariatric Dietitian Position Requirements
- Three years long term care experience is preferred.
- One year experience in clinical nutrition preferred
Education & Licensure:
- Degree in Nutrition or related field preferred
- Maryland Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist is required.
- Registered Dietitian credential required
- Membership to the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
TidalHealth Benefits Benefits include medical, prescription, vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance plans, life insurance, paid time off plans, retirement plans, tuition assistance, employee assistance, and access to on-site childcare and a credit union
For more information, please contact Nadia Malcolm at email@example.com
Posted 12/12/22 Expires 3/12/23
Physician – Weight & Wellness Center
Dartmouth Health, Lebanon, NH
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is searching for a BC/BE Obesity Medicine Physician to join the Dartmouth Health Weight & Wellness Center. The Center is the only fully integrated and multidisciplinary academic weight management center in the state of New Hampshire. The adult consultative clinic is a physician-led program providing comprehensive evaluations and management of obesity as a chronic disease with a focus on health and wellness. Our team includes registered dieticians, certified health coaches, wellness nurses, and an integrated culinary medicine team.
- Full time position for a physician qualified in the evaluation and medical management of patients
- Opportunity to work with a collegial multidisciplinary team in a team-based, patient-centered practice
- The integration with a well-established MBSAQIP-accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery program
- Obesity-related research and teaching in a collaborative major academic medical center serving a large patient referral base
What Dartmouth Health has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial environment and referrals
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including relocation
- Dedicated CME time and funds
Dartmouth Health is an academic health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered health care, D-H is on a path to create a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes New Hampshire’s only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth Hitchcock. As an academic health system, Dartmouth Health provides access to nearly 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
- Completion of an accredited fellowship in Obesity Medicine and BC/BE in Obesity Medicine by the ABOM
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine sub-specialty, or Family Medicine
- Expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This field of medicine requires competency in the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity
- Competence with all non-surgical therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavioral change, and pharmacotherapy, and in providing peri and post-surgical care of metabolic and bariatric surgery patients
- Eligible for NH medical license and DEA
For more information or to apply online, please visit: https://careers.dhproviders.org/weight-and-wellness-physician-dartmouth-hitchcock-medical-center-1
Posted 12/12/22 Expires 2/12/23
LICSW Social Worker – Virtual – Bariatric Services
Kaiser Permanente, Bellevue, WA
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Provides a wide range of clinical social work services in a primary care or home health setting, including support and consultation to care team in managing patients. Evaluate psychosocial assets and deficits for the purpose of enabling the pt to maintain the greatest level of independence. Coordinates with others to establish a plan of care. Provides short term counseling, teaching and brokering with other resources for care giving needs.
Essential Responsibilities: • Provide appropriate social work interventions to all age patients and their families including but not limited to psychosocial assessment, brief individual or family, advocacy, linkage, referral, group work, case coordination, and long-term care planning and placement. • Consultation and coordination with multidisciplinary team of care professionals and primary care site medical/nursery staff, to include family conferences, care conferences, team meetings and etc. • Assesses patient and family needs for care and communicates with other health care providers appropriately. Collects data relevant to visit with ongoing assessment throughout the duration of care. Evaluate psychosocial assets and deficits for the purpose of enabling the pt to maintain the greatest level of independence. • Evaluates patients/family needs through timely assessment, communication and observation. Modifies plan of care through assessement based upon patient/care systems response.
Basic Qualifications: Experience • Minimum one (1) year of previous social work experience. • Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
Education • Masters degree in social work (MSW).
License, Certification, Registration • Licensed Social Work Associate & Independent Clinical (Washington) OR Licensed Advanced Social Worker License (Washington) OR Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (Washington)
Additional Requirements: • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Demonstrated success as part of a multi-disciplinary team and commitment to diversity.
Preferred Qualifications: • Two (2) years of post-masters experience. • Care coordination experience in managed care system, in-/outpatient setting, skilled nursing or long-term care facility. • Knowledge of social case management, conflict resolution and team building practices. • Familiarity with Microsoft Office. • Familiarity with electronic charting.
Posted 12/6/22 Expires 3/6/23
New & Exciting: Collaborative Bariatric Psychologist in Lively Phoenix, Arizona
Banner Health, Phoenix, AZ
In partnership with the University of Arizona, the Bariatric Surgery division at Banner University Medical Group is growing and adding a second Psychologist to our team in a fast paced, multidisciplinary practice that is cutting edge, moving forward, and truly making a positive change in people’s lives fighting the disease of obesity! Practice alongside Dr. Evans in the only program that not only evaluates Arizona’s highest-risk patients, but is also one of the few Adolescent Programs in the United States. Curious and innovative individuals that enjoy collaborating on research opportunities will thrive in this role that includes a faculty title at the University of Arizona.
- Support Program Development: opening the medical weight loss program at a new clinic
- Opportunities to co-lead training and supervise pre-doctoral interns and post-doctoral fellows
- Evaluate and assess patients in preparation for bariatric surgery and optimize mental health
- Prepare patients for bariatric surgery, and helping patients be successful with bariatric surgery
- Solution-focused, short-term therapy
- M-F | 8-5 | No Call! No Weekends!
- Licensed PhD or PsyD
- CBT, DBT, and EMDR skills are a plus
- Experience with treating disorders, anxiety, depression, or substance abuse is a plus
- Experienced and Graduating Psychologists with interests in weight management testing/assessments are encouraged to apply
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible
- Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and CME (plus CME allowance!)
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including with matching retirement plan options, employee perks and discounts
If interested, we encourage you to submit your CV for consideration to Dr. Farah Husain (c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 12/5/22 Expires 3/5/23
Integrated Behavioral Health Therapist IV
Inova Health System – Fair Oaks Hospital, Fairfax, VA
This position will be part of the dynamic Integrated Behavioral Health program, specifically working within Inova Fair Oaks Metabolic Center and the Weight Loss Services Department. This position will serve as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team and will provide thorough psychosocial assessments and therapeutic services to people with weight related conditions including obesity and diabetes.
Behavioral health support is a core component of Inova’s bariatric surgical, non-surgical weight loss and metabolic wellness programs. Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. As a not-for-profit health system, our commitment is to meet the healthcare needs and improve the health of the communities we serve. We work in innovative ways to meet the healthcare challenges of today, while striving to meet the needs of the future.
Recognizing that research and innovation are vital elements to providing world-class patient care, Inova participates in a large number of cutting-edge clinical trials and research projects. Our diverse clinical activities make us a first-class location for scientific research.
Our commitment to ensure high-quality care is strengthened by our range of rigorous professional education programs to improve medical practice skills and patient outcomes. Inova’s work extends beyond the walls of our hospitals and outpatient centers. We bring disease-prevention programs, health and exercise classes, and improved access to care for vulnerable children and adults directly to the community through our many outreach programs and partnerships.
At Inova, more than 18,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.
5 years of experience in mental health/substance use disordered, psychoeducational programming including brief, targeted, evidence-based interventions (crisis intervention, trauma, integrative therapies) mental health/substance use disorders.
- Master’s Degree, Ph.D., PsyD, EdD in mental health, social work, Counseling, Substance Use Disorders or behavioral health-related field or degree.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart association, within 3 months.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), PhD or PsyD
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist/ (LCP) or Licensed Substance Abuse Professional (LSATP).
Contact: Kim Ragan, LCSW, Director, Therapeutic Programs; at Kimberly.Ragan@inova.org
Posted 11/21/22 Expires 2/21/23
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC) along with The Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery within the Department of Surgery is looking to hire a General Surgeon to join its elite team of surgeons. This position will include a focus on general and minimally invasive surgery. The position will be at the Assistant Professor level and the candidate must have completed a minimally invasive surgery fellowship program with a focus on bariatric surgery. Candidate must have a strong academic background. This position is full-time and will be based at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and its Ambulatory Surgery Centers. The position offers growth potential and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Board Eligible or Certified in General Surgery
- Successful completion of a Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship
- Strong Academic Experience in basic science, translational, or health services research
- History of funding or Extramural funding is strongly desired
- Eligible for State of Ohio medical licensure
- Qualify for academic appointment at the Assistant Professor level – Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with previous training and experience
For the 30th consecutive year, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center has been ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals list. We are pleased to share that this year, we once again ranked No. 1 in Columbus and No. 2 in the state. Nine of our specialties received a national ranking and three other specialties are rated as high performing. In addition, we were rated as high performing in 14 surgical procedures and medical conditions, which means we perform in the top 10% of nationally rated hospitals. In 2022, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center earned a spot in the Top 100 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers for the second consecutive year. This is an exciting recognition, and it means Americans who were surveyed see the medical center as a top employer. Our unparalleled benefits package includes retirement, medical and dental plans, malpractice, conference/vacation, and tuition reimbursement for qualifying dependents. Additionally, the College of Medicine at OSUWMC offers a unique and highly active mentorship program geared toward the career advancement of new faculty members.
Visit our website, http://www.wexnermedical.osu.edu/, and discover how Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center is improving people’s lives.
The Ohio State University is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For consideration, please send a CV along with a cover letter to: Benjamin Poulose, MD | Division Director, General & Gastrointestinal Surgery c/o Tiffany Bauman, MBA | Tiffany.Bauman@osumc.edu |Physician and Faculty Recruitment
You may apply directly by clicking the link below: https://osu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/OSUCareers/job/Medical-Center-Campus/Physician—General—Gastrointestinal-Surgery_R63674-1
Posted 11/17/22 Expires 2/17/23
Bariatric and MIS Surgeon
Roller Weight Loss & Advanced Surgery, Fayetteville, AR
Roller Weight Loss & Advanced Surgery in Fayetteville, Arkansas is looking to add another Fellowship-trained Bariatric and Minimally invasive Surgeon to its group of 5 due to increased volume and demand. Established private practice group performing the full complement of Bariatric and Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic General surgical procedures and one of the busiest bariatric surgery practices in the country completing 1,800 Bariatric procedures this year. Practice works at 2 MBSAQIP accredited Hospitals with dedicated OR teams and with new state-of-the-art laparoscopic equipment and 2 DaVinci Xi robots. Multidisciplinary Bariatric program including a Bariatrician, 16 APNs/PAs, and 6 Registered Dietitians doing the pre-operative workup and long-term follow-up working closely with the Surgeons. New 28,000 sq ft clinic facility with Cardiology, Endoscopy, and Plastic Surgery. An ASC is scheduled to open for Q1 2023. Patients travel from all over the US to have surgery at Roller Weight Loss.
Fayetteville, Arkansas is ranked as one of the top 10 best places to live in the country and is home to the University of Arkansas of the SEC Conference. Northwest Arkansas is home to some of the nation’s largest employers such as Walmart and Tyson Foods.
For more information, please contact Josh Roller, MD at email@example.com or 479.713.9998
Posted 11/14/22 Expires 2/14/23
Psychologist – Medical Weight Loss
MultiCare Health System, Tacoma, WA
MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness seeks a full time Medical Weight Loss Psychologist to join our nationally accredited team in the Puget Sound Region.
Why MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness:
- Effective, evidence-based weight loss and wellness programs and procedures in a compassionate and supportive environment
- Multi-disciplinary team includes five bariatricians, three bariatric surgeons, seven medical and seven surgical weight loss registered dietitians, two psychologists, one licensed mental health counselor, one therapist
- Current footprint includes a hub clinic in Tacoma and satellite sites in Covington, Gig Harbor and Puyallup
- Surgical and non-surgical weight loss options
- Medical supervision through all stages of patient care
- Dedicated, one-on-one support from our expert staff
- Weight-loss plans tailored to fit patient-specific needs and health goals using a lifestyle approach
- Nationally accredited as a Comprehensive Center, under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®)
What we have to offer:
- Position based in Tacoma, WA with up to a couple days per week spent working in our satellite clinics in Pierce and South King counties
- Collaborate with three Obesity Medicine physicians, dietitians, and therapists
- Regular work schedule is Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm; no evenings, weekends or after hours call responsibility
- Be a part of an evolving specialty where your input is valued and considered during program development and innovation
- Join an established practice where you significantly impact patient quality of life while working with a team to address all aspects of the ‘dilemma’ of obesity
- Facilitate therapeutic support group and classes for patients
- Deliver staff in-services, assist in program development, and serve as a resource for providers on behavioral health resources that may benefit weight loss patients
- Competitive salary, full array of benefits and the beauty of Pacific Northwest living
What you will need:
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) from an APA accredited program
- Training specific to treating weight loss patients, as well as eating disorders/disordered eating psychosocial behaviors related to obesity and wellness
- Experience with the assessment and ongoing care of weight loss patients/those with eating disorders or disordered patterns including emotional eating
- Licensed as a psychologist in the state of WA prior to employment start date
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
Questions? Contact Sheree Keen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 11/8/22 Expires 2/8/23
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
The Division of Bariatric/GI Surgery of the Department of Surgery at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry located at Highland Hospital is seeking a board certified/eligible academic general surgeon to join the division at an Assistant/Associate Professor level. The division currently consists of 3 faculty members with a scope of practice spanning all aspects of bariatric, GI, and general surgery.
The U of R is located in Rochester, New York and is surrounded by world class culture, affordable housing and nationally ranked public schools. The City of Rochester is a mecca for the arts: home to a philharmonic orchestra, wonderful museums including the Strong National Museum of Play, internationally recognized dance companies as well as The Eastman School of Music. The Rochester International Jazz Festival is one of the top 10 Jazz festivals in the nation. The region boasts access to great watersports both on Lake Ontario as well as the Finger Lakes. The Finger Lakes region is also home to many internationally known wineries. Rochester has a rich history and was the last step on the underground railroad and the place Frederick Douglas called home. It is also the location of the Susan B. Anthony House making Rochester the epicenter of the woman’s suffrage movement.
The University of Rochester and the Department of Surgery have a strong commitment to principles of diversity and inclusion, and in that spirit, encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education, EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Faculty enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
To receive full consideration, please send letter of intent along with CV to Jodi Barker Director, Faculty Service [jodi_barker @urmc.rochester.edu](mailto:jodi_barker @urmc.rochester.edu) or 585-275-4334
Posted 11/3/22 Expires 2/3/23
Minimally Invasive Surgeon
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group, Loma Linda, CA
Academic Minimally Invasive Surgeon Opportunity in Southern California Assistant/Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group
The Department of Surgery, Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, at Loma Linda University School of Medicine is seeking two fellowship trained minimally invasive surgeons (MIS) to join our team for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Surgery.
Bariatric/Foregut/Advanced MIS: This surgeon will have a practice applied to bariatric and foregut surgery. Completion of an advanced MIS fellowship with training in bariatric and foregut surgery is required. Advanced therapeutic endoscopy skills are ideal.
General/Hernia/Advanced MIS: This surgeon will have a practice applied to general surgery including gallbladder and inguinal and abdominal wall hernia surgeries. Completion of an advanced MIS fellowship with training in foregut and complex abdominal wall hernias is ideal but not required.
Procedures performed in this division include laparoscopic and robotic complex abdominal wall hernia, foregut, bariatric, and general surgery. Robotic experience is highly encouraged. The division hosts a Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery Fellowship, participates in the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), and has been awarded a Blue Distinction Center for its high quality bariatric surgery program. The applicant must have a commitment to education and work closely with medical students, residents, and fellows. There is ample research opportunity and clinical outcomes research is highly encouraged. Hospital settings include an MBSAQIP-accredited academic and satellite community programs. Across all settings, our surgeons have access to eight robotic platforms. Candidates must have appropriate board certification and licensure. Women and underrepresented surgeons are encouraged to apply.
The Department of Surgery Commitment is to enable surgical faculty and trainees to reach their highest professional and academic potential while serving the Loma Linda University mission to make people whole. Our vision is to create global surgical leaders in whole person care, education, and research.
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group is affiliated with Loma Linda University Health and School of Medicine, with the mission to deliver whole-person care at a world-class level of clinical excellence. The brand new, state of the art Troesh Medical Campus serves as the largest tertiary referral source in both Riverside and San Bernardino counties with a surrounding population approaching 4 million. Loma Linda University Health has over 1,000 licensed beds, treats more than 1.5 million outpatients every year, and serves as a Level I trauma center for a region covering more than 25% of California.
Loma Linda University Health continues to lead in integrating a faith-based approach to whole person health care. As a Seventh-day Adventist organization, our mission is to follow the healing and teaching ministry of Jesus Christ ‘to make man whole.’ We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We are a California Employer – Please note that a California residency is required upon start date. This opportunity is not eligible for a J1 Waiver. Interested candidates, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Posted 11/3/22 Expires 2/3/23
Bariatric Program Coordinator
Medstar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
The primary role of the Senior Bariatric Surgery Coordinator is coordination of care for Bariatric surgery patients, management of achieving and maintaining Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accreditation as a comprehensive center, as well as to provide training and oversight of clinical dietitians and clinical reviewer in the program. This includes Bariatric program development, patient and staff education, database maintenance and patient flow, the oversight of multidisciplinary teams and acting as the liaison between the hospital and surgical practice as well as supervise and manage clinical dietitians and the clinical reviewer in their daily workflow.
Minimum Qualifications · Education/Training · Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or in an American Dietetic Association approved program in Dietetics with completion of a one year internship is required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
· One to two years experience with Bariatric and general Surgery patients preferred. Must demonstrate clinical maturity and expertise. Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration and negotiation skills. Effective oral and written communication skills. Team building skills.
On The Job Experience
· Approximately six to twelve months to gain familiarity with the hospital environment, department routines and procedures, and the full range of job duties. · License/Certification/Registration · License as a registered nurse in the District of Columbia is required or a license as a dietitian in the District of Columbia and registration as a Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) is required. BLS preferred. For dietitian: CDR Certificaiton in Adult Weight Management required.
For more information, please contact Cherrell Freeman at Cherrell.J.Freemanfirstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 11/3/22 Expires 2/3/23