Post a Job Listing
Employers can submit a job listing through our online form.
Are you an ASMBS Member? Log in and use this form to submit your job posting at no charge.
Primary Care Weight Management Physician
OhioHealth Weight Management, Columbus, Ohio
Starting Bonus, Relocation Allowance, and Student Loan Repayment available.
Our OhioHealth family of associates is a collaborative group that discovers and succeeds together. Our culture is defined by our mission and OhioHealth values of excellence, compassion, integrity and stewardship.
OhioHealth has been a FORTUNE 100 Best Company to work for since 2007. Being a Best Company is about our culture and how we engage one another. This recognition is one measure of our success in achieving a part of our vision — to be an organization "where people want to work."
Position Summary: The Weight Management Physician is responsible for the care of the patients for both our medical (non-surgical) program and our surgical program. The program is designed to provide patients with the tools they need for success including dietary changes, exercise programs, and emotional support through our counseling team.
• Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician
• Bariatrician certification preferred
• Comfortable with medications for weight loss
• Familiar with body composition analysis
To learn more and apply, please contact Jess Federer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-544-4355.
OhioHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Psychologist – PhD/PsyD – Bellevue Bariatric Program
Kaiser Permanente – Washington Permanente Medical Group, Bellevue, WA
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking a Full Time 1.0 FTE Psychology, PhD to join our Bellevue Medical Center Bariatric Surgery Program in Bellevue, Washington.
Our Bellevue Medical Center is hiring a Psychologist to work specifically in collaboration with our Bariatric Program. The Bariatric Surgery Program is a high-volume program with a case load includes roux en y gastric bypass, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, and revisional cases. Our program offers the full complement of integrated care and has a strong partnership with the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute, an internationally recognized academic research organization that conducts non-proprietary research, primarily funded through federal grants and contracts that total nearly $50 million annually. Diagnosis and management of mental health is a fundamental pillar to long term durability and success of bariatric surgery.
Bellevue Medical Center is a multispecialty medical center. Lab, Radiology and Pharmacy on site. Office hours are 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday with Urgent Care open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Benefits include: Full malpractice indemnification (including tail coverage), medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) & employer-paid retirement contributions, paid vacation, CME, long-term disability, long-term care benefits, and the ability to become a shareholder in our group practice. Learn more about WPMG benefits.
Bellevue is the fifth largest city in Washington, with a population of more than 134,000. The city spans more than 31 square miles between Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish and is a short drive from the Cascade Mountains. It is the high-tech and retail center of the Eastside, with more than 130,000 jobs and a downtown skyline of gleaming high-rises. Although business booms downtown, much of Bellevue retains a small-town feel with thriving, woodsy neighborhoods, nearly 100 beautiful parks, a vast network of trails, top schools and a vibrant economy. Bellevue is routinely ranked among the best mid-sized cities in the country (Livability.com and 24/7 Wall Street). The population is becoming more diverse – according to the most recent census, minorities constituted 41 percent of Bellevue’s population and more than 50 languages are now spoken by children in Bellevue public schools.
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State’s richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, out
Surgical Physician Assistant
Northwest Weight & Wellness Center, Mill Creek/ South Everett WA
Seeking an excellent physician assistant with training or experience as a surgical first assist. Full-time position. Competitive compensation; comprehensive benefits. Reasonable call schedule. Experienced clinician preferred. Join a dedicated and collaborative team at Northwest Weight and Wellness Center & Sound Surgeons Surgery Center- Formerly Northwest Weight Loss Surgery.
Northwest Weight and Wellness Center & Sound Surgeons Surgery Center is a specialty practice that specializes in laparoscopic bariatric surgery in the Sound Surgeons Surgery Center, EvergreenHealth & Medical Center and Providence Regional Medical Center Everett. The clinic provides consultation and pre- and post-operative follow-up for adult patients with bariatric needs. The role will also support post-surgical inpatient rounding and discharge at local hospitals. The practice is in a very busy medical center that is the preferred bariatric provider in the Pacific Northwest. You will enjoy rewarding work and great quality of life in the family-friendly community of Mill Creek/South Everett. Work for an organization that values work life balance while focusing on providing the highest quality of care for patients. Sound Surgeons PLLC., is a highly reputable bariatric surgical practice with years of experience in general and bariatric surgery. Our general/bariatric surgeons are nationally recognized as experts in their field with completing more than 15,000 bariatric surgical procedures over the past decade.
• Minimum three (3) years previous experience in the last five (5) years as a surgical physician assistant.
• Laparoscopic Bariatric surgical experience preferred.
• Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program.
License, Certification, Registration
• Washington State Physician Assistant License
• NCCPA certified at time of hire and maintained throughout career
• ACLS and BLS certification required.
• Must have a Nat’l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date and meet current Medicare requirements for billing.
• Active DEA Licensure
Christina Downie email@example.com
Obesity Medicine Specialist
MaineHealth, Portland, ME
Maine Medical Partners, a division of Maine Medical Center, is seeking a part time BC/BE obesity medicine specialist to join the hospitals newly developed Weight and Wellness practice. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and passionate group of providers who are building a multifaceted program to successfully support families facing the challenges of learning to adapt healthy lifestyle change.
Maine Medical Center’s adult medical obesity management program complements our pediatric obesity medical management and adult bariatric surgery programs. Our vision is to form a family-centered, combined obesity treatment program for individuals of all ages that will not only offer medical and surgical obesity treatment options, but will also assist participants with dietary and culinary education, mental health treatment, and fitness evaluation and regimen development.
The selected candidate will work closely with pediatric and adult obesity medicine specialists, bariatric surgeons, registered dieticians, licensed clinical social workers, and members of other specialties.
The successful candidate will be board certified/eligible in internal medicine or family medicine. Ideally the candidate will be board certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine. Candidates must have a strong interest in the medical treatment of obesity.
Maine Medical Center (MMC) has 637 licensed beds and is the state’s leading tertiary care hospital and Level One Trauma Center, with a full complement of Residencies and Fellowships and an integral part of Tufts University Medical School.
Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group serving the healthcare needs of patients locally and throughout northern New England. This high quality team of more than 500 physicians provides a wide range of hospital-based, primary, specialty and sub-specialty care delivered through a network of more than 30 locations in the greater Portland area.
Situated on the Maine coast, Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. The area provides four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community.
For more information, please contact Gina Mallozzi, Physician Recruiter at (207) 661-2092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
System Director, Weight Management
Summa Health System, Akron, Ohio
Summary of Position:
Assumes accountability for establishing the strategic direction of weight management services for Summa Health, and for developing a strategy and implementation plan for branding of surgical and non-surgical weight management services to achieve targeted business goals (volume, market share, profitability, satisfaction). Develops programs, policies and procedures, standards and regulations for personnel, patients and medical staff and community members as they relate to weight management services. Establishes goals, objectives and standards of performance for all aspects of these interdisciplinary services to ensure a coordinated system message for weight management services.
Dimensions of Position:
- Formal Education Required: a. Bachelor’s degree required b. MBA/MHA required, or current enrollment in a program of graduate study in business or a related field with expected completion within 12 months c. RN/MSN preferred
- Experience and Training Required: a. Five to seven years of management experience in a healthcare/clinical business b. Experience in business growth and development and weight management (surgical and non-surgical) services preferred
- Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications: a. Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with patients/customers with the understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity b. Outstanding interpersonal skills to coordinate the efforts of many departments
- Level of Physical Demands: a. Sedentary: Exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.
Mercy Clinic Bariatric Surgery West, St. Louis, MO
Dietitian I – with focus on Bariatric Surgery, Weight and Wellness.
Our mission at Mercy is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service. We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals:; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
You will be part of the team growing Bariatric Surgery in the St. Louis area.
This position will provide quality medical nutrition therapy and support for patients/clients seeking Bariatric surgery, weight and wellness. Must be a graduate of an American Dietetic Association (ADA) approved Dietetic Program.. Bachelors or Masters degree program. Must be registered with the ADA or registry eligible within one year of hire. Must maintain registration status. One to Two years of clinical dietitian experience preferred.
Please apply online at mercy.icims.com or visit Mercy Hospital St. Louis career site. The job ID will be listed as 782686
BC/BE fellowship trained Bariatric Surgeon
Sanford Health, Fargo, ND
Sanford Health is currently seeking a BC/BE fellowship trained Bariatric Surgeon to practice in Fargo, North Dakota.
• Well established bariatric surgery practice with a large volume of primary and revisional weight loss surgical cases. The interested party will have a combination of bariatric and general surgery practice with the ability to do own endoscopy. Bariatric practice includes Laparoscopic Adjustable Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Revisional Surgery, Endoscopy, Intra-gastric Balloon, and whole range of general surgery procedures.
• Teaching opportunities of surgical residents and medical students through the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
• Multispecialty group with 2 fellowship trained Bariatric Surgeons supported by an RN Clinical Supervisor, an RN Bariatric Coordinator, a Bariatric Authorization/Referral Specialist, 2 clinic RNs and 1 clinic LPN.
• Largest accredited center in the region – ASMBS/ACS
• Outreach to regional clinics 2 times a month
• Bariatric call rotation 1:3 with no trauma call
• Other surgical specialists in the group include Surgical Oncology, Colo-rectal Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Surgical Endocrinology, Breast Surgery and Pediatric Surgery
Sanford Health offers a guaranteed salary for the first two years. Comprehensive benefits are offered along with paid malpractice insurance, relocation allowance and much more.
To learn more about Sanford Health and this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Laura Aukland, Physician Recruiter
Sanford Health Physician Recruiting
PO Box 2010
Fargo ND 58122-1853
Phone: (701) 234-6517
Private Practice Bariatric/ Laparoscopic Surgeon
New York Bariatric Group, New Jersey
Join one of the fastest growing most lucrative private bariatric surgical practices in the Tri-State area. Currently have offices in Manhattan, Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk County), Westchester County and Fairfield, CT, and Wayne NJ. Excellent starting salary with bonus incentive and partnership opportunity. Bariatric Surgery fellowship or experience is necessary. Have full support structure built into practice with physician assistants, nutritionists, psychologist, etc. The New York Bariatric Group provides extensive marketing and physician outreach to get your practice up and running very quickly.
Interested applicants should send resume to email@example.com
Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Clinical Reviewer (MBSCR)
Metabolic and Bariatric Center at Baylor St Lukes, Houston, TX
Responsible for the development of data review and information dissemination related to patient safety and quality. The Quality Analyst Responsible for identification and performance improvement projects related to patient safety and quality. The Quality Analyst will also function as the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Clinical Reviewer (MBSCR). The MBSCR is responsible for collecting and submitting reliable data to the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) Data Registry and maintaining the local bariatric database for follow up and research purposes. This task is done by compiling data and documenting on 100% of the bariatric surgery patients at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center.
- Identification and facilitation of performance improvement projects
- Regulatory data collection and collation of data. Trending and analysis of all data reviewed in the Quality Dept.
- Policy and Procedure On-site Administrator (OSA) duties
- Analyze Core Measures Abstract Data and Report via Excel Monthly. Submit Data to Midas for Credentialing STATTIT
- Excellent communication and presentation skills using data presentations in Power Point. Familiar with databases, EXCEL graphs, pivot tables and data mining
- Identifies 100 percent of bariatric surgery patients for inclusion in MBSAQIP data registry and bariatric data base.
- Collects preoperative, intraoperative, 30-day postoperative, 6-month postoperative, 1 year and annual thereafter follow-up data components for the bariatric surgery program through effective utilization of the hospital and surgeon’s office medical record system.
- collects and submits data in an accurate and timely manner
- MBSCRs must successfully complete the initial training modules with a score of 90% or higher prior to receiving access and beginning data collection to the MBSAQIP Data Registry Platform.
- Attends regular morbidity and mortality conferences to ensure reliable data collection of postoperative occurrences.
- Participates in the compilation of data for MBSAQIP audits and reaccreditation site visits.
- Serves as an expert on the Bariatric Data Registry Platform.
Education and Licensure Required:
Bachelor’s DegreeRegistered Nurse (RN)
Maintenance of MBSCR Certification is required and is based upon successful completion of initial online training, participation in ongoing educational webinars, educational questions, satisfactory completion of a yearly certifying exam, and compliance with data audits.
Certification must be obtained within 6 months of date of hire Minimum Experience:
Five (5) years of experience in healthcare
Julia Galvani, MD
Program Manager – Quality
Surgery Physician Services
Northwest Weight & Wellness Center, Everett WA
We are recruiting a full-time dietitian for Northwest Weight & Wellness Center in Everett, WA. We have an outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgery center. We provide comprehensive services for surgical and non-surgical weight management.
Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy and education to patients using an interdisciplinary team approach in the outpatient clinic and ambulatory surgery center environments.
Job Duties & Performance Standards
• Accurately assess patients’ nutrition status, nutrition-related knowledge, and readiness for intervention • Develop nutrition care plan to meet desired outcomes using clinical, biochemical, socioeconomic, and psychosocial factors
• Provide medical nutrition therapy, counseling, and/or education in alignment with nutrition care plan
• Thoroughly and efficiently document and communicate nutrition care plan through written and verbal systems including electronic medical record
• Lead and/or participate in patient-focused events such as support groups and seminars as needed
• Use software applications and technology, such as health-related apps and telehealth platforms, to engage patients and support positive outcomes
• Collaborate with other clinicians and administrative staff within and beyond NWWC to support optimal outcomes in patient care
• Evaluate food and supplement products based on their patient appropriateness, safety, and utility for use in the retail store or for recommending to patients
• Participate in patient satisfaction surveys and problem solving with patient issues
• Contribute to quality improvement processes and promote positive nutrition outcomes to support MBSAQIP accreditation status
• Participate in team and company meetings
• Develop and expand professional proficiency in the areas of weight management, bariatric surgery, and diabetes
• Serve as mentor or preceptor to dietetic interns and students including coordination of learning experience and provision of feedback
o Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
o Certified Dietitian in the state of Washington
Preferred Credentials & Experience
o Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or related field
o Certified Diabetes Educator and/or Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management
o At least one year experience with weight management, bariatric surgery, and/or diabetes management
Bariatrician and Non-Surgical Weight Loss Medical Director
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, Maine
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is seeking a Bariatrician to join our strong, established group surgical practice medically supervising patients with our non-surgical weight loss program.
The ideal candidate will have completed a residency in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and be BC or BE. They will also be a Diplomat of the American Board of Obesity Medicine or willing to begin certification process. They will supervise and partner with our NP/PA staff clinical support for review of difficult cases.
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is part of EMHS, a progressive, regional, non-profit, health system ranked among the top 100 integrated health systems by IMS. The members of Northern Light Health collectively serve a population of 500,000 residents living in the northern 2/3 of Maine’s geography. Northern Light Health is driving innovation in healthcare for our region, through collaborative engagement, shared clinical protocols, group purchasing, and shared IT systems among member organizations.
Bangor is a regional hub located in eastern Maine, on the banks of the beautiful Penobscot River. The University of Maine in Orono is just a few miles away, and with around 11,000 students it is the state’s largest research University.
Bangor and the surrounding communities are family friendly, culturally diverse, offer an array of year round recreational activities, and easy access to the coast, lakes, rivers, and mountains. Bangor International Airport has daily direct flights to NYC, Philadelphia, Detroit and Chicago.
Year round outdoor recreation is at the doorstep with well-developed local trail systems and hundreds of lakes, rivers, and streams. Maine’s spectacular coast and mountains are just a short drive away.
For more information:
Chelsea Pelletier, SHRM-CP, AASPR, Provider Recruiter
Bariatric Medicine Nurse Practitioner
Providence Health & Services, Portland, OR
Portland, Oregon – Providence Medical Group is seeking a nurse practitioner with experience or training in Bariatric Medicine. Full-time position. Outpatient care only. Competitive compensation; comprehensive benefits. Experienced clinician preferred, but new graduates are welcome to apply. Experience with medical weight management is a plus. Join a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team of bariatric surgeons, dieticians, psychologists and fitness specialists at Providence Medical Group’s newly created Center for Weight Management and help shape the development of the program. This position will act as the main medical provider to bariatric patients with multiple chronic conditions. Ideal candidate will be personable, with great communication skills, and will enjoy teaching. Enjoy outstanding quality of life in the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
Providence Medical Group is our organization of employed physicians in Oregon, with more than 70 clinics across this diverse, sprawling state. Our 1,500-plus providers in Oregon have a wide range of clinical expertise, including Family and Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Dermatology, General Surgery, Neurology and Hospital Medicine. We receive clinical and operational support from a number of centralized Providence programs such as Quality and Research, Medical Management and Information Services.
Portland has a metro population over two million, but maintains strong local neighborhoods and a close connection to nature. Consequently, the city consistently ranks high in national “livability” contests. The New York Times describes Portland as a “bastion of good living” and “one of our national capitals of cool.” With easy access to mountains and beaches, coupled with a nationally recognized food culture, Portland is a large little city with an outsized and unique cultural footprint.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and medical groups with a mission to serve everyone—especially the poor and vulnerable. Providence is a partner organization of the Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) family, which operates 50 exceptional hospitals and more than 800 clinics across seven western states. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice clinician opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, PSJH and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models. Providence is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity organization.
For more information, contact:
or apply online: https://psdrecruit.avature.net/contactus/Register?jobId=9344
RN, Bariatric Coordinator
Clara Maass Medical Center, Belleville, NJ
Clara Maass Medical Center is currently recruiting for a full-time RN, Bariatric Navigator to coordinate the care of our bariatric patients.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
· Assists in administrative functions and the development and implementation of patient care protocols, clinical pathways and in updating patient policies and procedures for care of Bariatric surgery patients.
· Assesses and monitors the continuity of care and expedites and coordinates the delivery of services to facilitate a patient’s progress throughout the continuum of care, from point of first interest, through the qualification period, the surgery process, post-op care, and post discharge to achieve desired quality outcomes.
· Assists in the identification and reporting of quality issues, and in the development of a performance improvement plan for the Bariatric Surgery Program to assess and improve the quality and efficiency of the program including but not limited to quality assessment, utilization review, risk management, and infection control. Identifies appropriate indicators to monitor and track and in conjunction with marketing, tracks patient data advertising campaigns, and patient referral outcomes.
· Works in conjunction with and assists leadership and clinical nurse specialists in developing curriculum and providing in-service education for Medical Staff and employees regarding the special needs of Bariatric patients. (Sensitivity training, lift & transfer techniques, complications of Bariatric surgery, post-op care psychosocial needs etc.).
· Coordinates and participates in monthly informational seminars.
· Coordinates and participates in monthly Support Groups. Collaborates with the patient support group facilitator and facilitates meetings as necessary in the absence of a facilitator.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in New Jersey . Three to five years of clinical experience, management experience, or quality management, case management or discharge planning experience . Experience in Bariatrics highly preferred . Experience in program development, insurance and marketing experience preferred in order to lead and direct an interdisciplinary work group.
Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) .
Pia Salazar, RN Nurse Recruiter Pia.Salazar@rwjbh.org (973) 450-2201
Bariatric Nurse Program Coordinator Sr
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
The VCU Health Obesity Management Team is seeking a Full-Time Nurse Program Coordinator Sr. The Bariatric Nurse Program Coordinator Sr. leads a clinical service in a dynamic process of adaptation to service goals, changes in healthcare systems and response to customer demands. This position supports the VCU Surgical Weight Loss Center and its Program, which is unique in its multidisciplinary approach to the care of the patient obesity, and directly contributes to the program growth.
Ensures efficiently transition to surgery, but also maintains accreditation such as with the ASMBS and ACS Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. Support staff retention and development with an emphasis on customizing staff roles and improving communication. Follow principles of evidence-based practice to provide direction, education, leadership, and accountability for program development and to provide professional development and empowerment of staff. Creating and revising patient care guidelines, pathways, educational materials as well as means of collaborating with physicians, nursing, dietary and other groups to meet the needs of the patients while meeting and exceeding required standards. Demonstrate exceptional kindness and empathy to a patient population and provides patients, staff and families with education and communication regarding bariatric surgery through one-on-one education, in services, seminars and courses
Current RN licensure in Virginia or eligible or compact state
AHA BLS HCP certification or equivalent
Minimum of six (6) years of clinical nursing experience with at least two (2) years in a progressive leadership or supervisory role
Demonstrated clinical expertise for population served with a minimum of one (1) year in specialty practice
Completion of a Masters-level Nursing Degree (MSN, MN or MS-Nursing) from an accredited program
Certification in specialty area
Six or more (6+) years of clinical experience
Experience in staff education and professional development preferred (orientation, preceptorship,in-services education, etc.)
Academic Health Care experience
Advanced Practice Nursing Role or Clinical Leadership role experience
Completion of a Doctoral Degree in Nursing from an accredited program
For more information contact:
Guilherme M. Campos, MD, PhD, FACS, FASMBS
Paul J. Nutter Professor of Surgery
Chairman, Division of Bariatric and Gastrointestinal Surgery
Director, Bariatric Surgery Program
Director, Advanced GI and MIS Fellowship
Virginia Commonwealth University
Department of Surgery
Medical College of Virginia
1200 East Broad Street. PO Box 980519
Phone: (804) 827-0045
Richmond, Virginia 23298
Beltline Bariatric and Surgical Group, Atlanta area
We are seeking a fellowship-trained, BE/BC, bariatric surgeon to take over one of our satellite clinics. Cases will be performed at the local hospital and will be about 80% bariatric and 20% general surgery. Some cases will also be performed in our Atlanta-based hospitals. Call will be about 1:7 with no trauma. Our practice is also a tertiary referral center for complex hernia repair. Robotic experience is a plus but willingness to learn is a must. This is a growing practice and a wonderful opportunity to takeover an office with a full staff that is already thriving and ready to expand.
Interested applicants should contact Diana Chanthaboury, office manager at 470-419-4380.
Einstein Healthcare Network, East Norriton, Pennsylvania
The Department of Surgery at Einstein Healthcare Network is seeking a full-time attending surgeon to join several other surgeons in our rapidly growing, high-volume, minimally invasive surgery program. Opportunity to begin seeing patients immediately and participate in quality, research, mentoring and academic activities. Current MIS/Bariatric fellows are encouraged to apply.
We seek a board-certified/board-eligible surgeon with minimally invasive surgical skills. The ideal candidate should have experience in all aspects of advanced laparoscopic surgery, such as hernia, foregut and colorectal surgery. However, specific bariatric surgery expertise is necessary and will be a focus. Einstein Bariatrics is a full-service, accredited bariatric surgery program with a multidisciplinary team committed to quality and customer experience. Responsibilities will include direction and supervision of patient care, elective and emergent surgical procedures, and education and teaching of residents. Academic appointments are available. A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is offered. Travel between EMCM in East Norriton, PA and our hospital in Elkins Park is required.
Einstein Healthcare Network (EHN) has earned its reputation for quality, excellence, leadership and innovation through more than 150 years of service to the community and a mission to heal by providing exceptionally intelligent and responsive care for as many people as possible. EHN is a private, not-for-profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers located throughout the Philadelphia region, including Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, MossRehab Hospital, Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park and Einstein Medical Center Montgomery.
All interested applications should forward their curriculum vitae via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Roper St Francic Healthcare, Charleston, SC
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should have the following:
• Board Certified/Eligible Physician in IM or FM
• Board Certified in Obesity Medicine
• Must be eligible to obtain an unrestricted South Carolina medical license
• Applicants should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented
BASIC FUNCTION: Work in collaboration with RSF Physician Partners’ administration and Bariatric and Metabolic Services to develop a system approach to non-surgical weight loss and participate as an active provider of clinical care for patients within the Bariatric and Metabolic Services Center.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: We are seeking an individual who will complement our team and serve as the medical director of the non-surgical bariatric program. Major responsibilities will include:
- Developing a system wide approach to care for a wider range of patients and support the RSFH system.
- This position will provide clinical care in the form of pharmaceutical, meal replacement and multidisciplinary team management for weight loss for patients.
- Actively participates in Bariatric and Metabolic Interdisciplinary (BMI) Team committee meetings to help formulate a multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Actively involved in assisting the Medical Director of Bariatric and Metabolic Services to recommend, develop, innovate, implement and evaluate protocols and clinical processes that support the interdisciplinary commitment to quality and patient satisfaction.
- Provides medical management of Bariatric and Metabolic Services patients postoperatively in conjunction with the other specialties of the surgical team.
RSFPP Bariatric and Metabolic Services Program was established in 2009, was accredited first as a Center of Excellence through the Surgical Review Committee (SRC) in 2011 and has been reaccredited as a Comprehensive Center under MBSAQIP on two successive occasions, last in 2018. Our bariatric surgical program has a strong focus on pre-surgery education and post-operative success. Recently, our program has worked alongside the ASMBS and our anesthesia team to develop an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) program, and the improvements in length of stay and our decrease in opioid utilization within our program after surgery have been presented at numerous national conferences.
RSFPP Bariatric Surgery is a member of Roper St. Francis Physician Partners, a comprehensive network of more than 230 physicians that covers a complete range of primary care and 20 subspecialties. This employed position includes competitive compensation, full benefits with retirement, and quality incentives. Anchored by three hospitals, our 657-bed health system includes more than 90 facilities and doctors’ offices conveniently located throughout our region, with construction beginning on a fourth hospital in Berkeley County.
To apply, please send all correspondence and your CV to Dawn Dean at email@example.com
Sentara Comprehensive Weight Loss Solutions, Norfolk, VA
Medical Bariatrician Opportunity with Sentara Medical Group
The Sentara Comprehensive Weight Loss Solutions Center has an opportunity for a Medical Bariatrician. The ideal candidate will be BC/BE in Family or Internal Medicine with additional training/interest in medical weight loss solutions. Additional certification by the American Board of Obesity Medicine is a plus.
The Sentara Comprehensive Weight Loss Solutions Center offers both surgical and non-surgical programs to positively impact our patients’ health.
Our Medical Obesity Treatment Program is truly comprehensive and addresses multiple factors that affect weight such as:
• Medical issues and medications that may contribute to weight gain
• Dietary advice specific to each patient’s health and lifestyle
• Behavior Modification and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help make needed changes easier and long-lasting
• Exercise Therapy customized to each patient’s specific needs
Sentara Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits plan to include:
• Generous CME
• Employer-paid Pension Plan
• 403(b) with company match
• Commencement bonus
• Relocation Assistance
• Paid Malpractice
Physician Recruitment Manager
Cooper University Health Care, Southern New Jersey
Bariatric Surgeon – Cooper Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
The Department of Surgery at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University is seeking a board certified or board eligible fellowship trained bariatric surgeon to join our dynamic and growing academic practice. The candidate will be able to qualify for faculty appointment commensurate with his/her level of experience.
The successful candidate should be interested and capable within all aspects of Bariatric Surgery. We are actively engaged in medical student teaching and training residents within the hospital. Opportunities are available for those interested in clinical/basic science research, especially in regenerative medicine.
Cooper University Hospital, the clinical campus of Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, is the leading provider of tertiary care services to Southern New Jersey. Cooper’s main hospital is located in Camden, NJ, right across the river from Philadelphia. Cooper has satellite offices in the surrounding suburbs, including Cherry Hill, Moorestown, Voorhees, and Washington Township. The location is ideal and in close proximity to Philadelphia, New York City, the Jersey Shore and its beaches Baltimore and Washington DC.
Academic appointment and compensation is commensurate with training and experience.
Dr. Rohit A. Patel
Medical Director, Cooper Center for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric Surgery Physician Assistant
Trinity Bariatric Surgery, Buffalo, NY
Growing advanced laparoscopic practice with a primary focus on bariatrics seeking a Physician Assistant to help meet its expanding needs in a comprehensive Metabolic and Bariatric Center. Hospital employed model with 2 days in the operating room, 2.5 days of clinic, and 0.5 days for administrative duties. Bariatric surgery experience is beneficial but not necessary as this is a nurturing environment more than happy to train new graduates.
Compassionate patient care is the primary focus of our practice. This is a unique opportunity to meet patients in their most broken state, provide essential education, participate in the surgical procedure that radically changes their lives, and then foster long-term relationships as they experience a fresh start on life. Tremendous amount of gratitude on the part of the patients which is very fulfilling and lends to a high level of job satisfaction.
Excellent compensation including generous CME with ample vacation time to enjoy the endless opportunities offered in beautiful and affordable Western New York. Buffalo is actively undergoing a resurgence and provides all the attractions of a major city at a fraction of the cost.
Please call or email for details.
St. Peter’s Health Partners Medical Associates, Albany, NY
St. Peters Health Partners Medical Associates, is seeking a board certified Bariatric Surgeon for our Bariatric Surgery practice at St. Peter’s Hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established Bariatric Surgery practice for both the outpatient and inpatient/OR settings. Enjoy excellent colleagues, strong system practice support, and a provider friendly environment.
Located in Albany, St. Peter’s Bariatric Care is committed to providing comprehensive bariatric care. This practice is operated by St. Peter’s Hospital. The practice coordinates care with behavioral health, endocrinology, and nutritional care. The practice is growing and is seeking an additional Bariatric Surgeon to see patients at its office in Albany, NY and to work with both the General and Bariatric Surgery teams. Call is 1:3 weekends.
Applicants should have the following:
• Board Certification and NYS license required.
• Bariatric fellowship required.
• 3-5 years of experience required in a surgical setting, preferably with surgical office experience as well as in bariatrics.
RECRUITMENT PACKAGE: St. Peter’s Health Partners Medical Associates, offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
• Competitive salary with incentives
• Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
• Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
• CME time & expense allowance
• Paid time away from the practice
• Two part retirement savings program with employer matching program
Find out more and apply online at http://www.sphpma.com/.
Email CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Bariatrics
Sebastian River Medical Center, Sebastian, FL
Plans and directs program to develop public awareness, knowledge, interest, and understanding of program. Interacts via telephone, direct mail, and in person with the general community on an individual and group basis to promote information regarding the weight management program. Provides information to new employees regarding the Weight Management Program and care of the patients. Conducts interviews with all potential patients to assess knowledge of surgical procedures and program components. Arranges and conducts scheduled patient pre-operating education to prepare patient for entry into program. Educates potential patients in the appropriate insurance managed-care products that would enable them to participate in the Weight Management Program. Is fully informed as to the current technology and terminology of weight management so that patients, hospital staff, and physicians can confidently view the program director as the weight management information resources of the hospital. Attends Bariatric Surgery seminars for continuing education. Consistently strives to understand, anticipate, and meet the needs, expectations, and satisfaction levels of patients and other customers.
Education Required: Bachelors or better
Experience Required: 3 years minimum experience
Licenses & Certifications Required: FL-RN License
Christina Kuklovsky | Human Resurces Recruiter
Sebastian River Medical Center
13695 US Highway 1 | Sebastian, FL 32958 | T: 772.581.2067
Bariatric Surgery PA
St. Luke’s University Health Network, Allentown, PA
The Surgical Nurse Practitioner or Surgical Physician Assistant at St. Luke’s Weight Management Center is responsible for assisting in the care and management of patients in collaboration with and under the supervision of the attending surgeon as part of a multi-disciplinary, comprehensive approach.
•Works under the guidance of the Medical Director of Bariatric Surgery and in conjunction with other Weight Management Center providers and staff to primarily care for perioperative patients.
•Screen/Diagnose at risk patients for weight related comorbid conditions and devise and implement appropriate treatment as a member of their healthcare team.
•Responsible for assisting in the OR and hospital rounding as well as clinic visits.
•Educate, advise and emphasize nutrition, behavioral, exercise and other healthy lifestyles to help patients meet their weight loss and health goals.
•Understand the indications, benefits, risks/complications/side effects of weight loss surgery.
•Deliver evidence-based care in a motivational, empathetic and compassionate manner.
•Performs in depth, systematic assessment of all assigned patients as needed.
Applicants can apply at the link below:
Resumes and questions can be directed to Maureen Miletics at email@example.com or 610-628-8315.
Texas-Sized Opportunity for Motivated Bariatric Surgeon
BSA Health System, Amarillo, TX
BSA, the only Top 100 Hospital in the region, is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded bariatric surgeon. BSA ranks among the nation’s best for clinical excellence, employee culture and patient experience. Amarillo enjoys some of the Southwest’s finest medical facilities, schools, and cultural centers. Texas does not have a state income tax.
About BSA Health System:
• Recognized as a Top 100 Hospital (in 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018)
• BSA Hospital is an MBSAQIP Accredited Center of Excellence/Comprehensive Center
• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas/Blue Distinction Center + Bariatric Surgery
• Recognized on Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work
• CMS rates BSA with 4-stars
• Loads of opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded Bariatric surgeon.
• Medical Director potential
• Existing Bariatric Coordinator and support groups
• Complete integration into preferred health system in the market
• Fully-staffed acute care surgical staff
• Anticipated Call rotation 1:4
• Fellowship trained or experienced Bariatric Surgeon
• BC/BE Required
• Competitive base compensation + wRVU bonus potential
• Full Benefits
• Relocation assistance
• Signing Bonus
• Palo Duro Canyon
• U.S. Route 66–Sixth Street Historic District is a hub for dining and antiques
• Situated in close proximity to explore New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and more
• No state income tax