Post a Job Listing
Employers can submit a job listing through our online form.
Are you an ASMBS Member? Log in and use this form to submit your job posting at no charge.
Fellowship Trained Bariatric/General Surgeons
nuSelf Bariatrics, Austin, Texas
Seeking Two Fellowship trained Bariatric/General Surgeons for established plus growing practice in Austin, Texas. Position entails a mix of general and bariatric surgery. Progressive DaVinci practice with robotic surgery available at all surgical locations.
- Employed position for 3-years with defined partnership track for the right candidate
- Competitive salary and benefits offered
- Student Loan forgiveness availability is a possibility
Not an J1 or H1 opportunity
Interested candidates must submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Atrium Health, Charlotte, NC
Atrium Health Weight Management is looking for a bariatric psychologist to join our multidisciplinary weight management program in Charlotte NC. We are a large multidisciplinary weight management program that has 4 offices with the greater Charlotte region, 2 designated MBSAQIP centers of excellence and a large multi-disciplinary team to serve patients with Obesity and Obesity related medical conditions. Our team includes 5 metabolic and bariatric surgeons, 5 Obesity medicine specialists, as well as bariatric surgery fellows, surgery residents, nurses, dietitians, clinical reviewers, exercise physiologists, and a bariatric coordinator.
Provides psychological services with a Bariatric specialty to clients. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as with patients and families to assure a cohesive approach to patient care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care, for child, adolescent, adult, and older adult population of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status.
- Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements and ensures and documents that age specific needs are being met.
- Performs evaluations, appropriate to each patient, which focus primarily upon the organic aspects of brain function, but which also consider other etiological factors, which may affect patient’s functional abilities.
- Obtains and evaluates relevant historical information and incorporates this into the evaluation and treatment planning.
- Maintains responsibility for test selection, scoring, and interpretation and understands the limitations of and correctly applies the norms of each test used.
- Utilizes psychometrics for the administration and scoring of tests as appropriate and ensures the accuracy of that administration and scoring through the review and supervision of those team members.
- Provides psychotherapy, counseling education, cognitive, retraining, behavior management and/or crisis intervention as needed to treat problem areas identified in the assessment process.
- Develops appropriate treatment plans and discusses these with the patient and/or appropriate others to ensure they participate in the development of the plan and consent to treatments.
- Trains professional team members involved in the care of the patient about appropriate observational methods and behavior management techniques, and appropriate supportive roles in the patient’s neuropsychological treatment.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bariatric experience required Ph.D. or Psy.D. degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology including a full time 1-year pre-doctoral internship required.
- Current licensed to practice in NC.
Apply at https://careers.atriumhealth.org/jobs/6881934-atrium-health-weight-management-psychology-opportunity or email Phillip Christofferson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obesity Medicine – Bariatric Psychologist
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester, Manchester, NH
Are you looking to work with an engaged team and motivated faculty? Are you looking to collaborate and learn from obesity medicine providers, dietitians, nurses, and bariatric surgeons to provide state-of-the-art and innovative quality care to patients struggling with obesity? Then we have an exciting role for you!
Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Department of Psychiatry seeks to hire an Obesity Medicine – Bariatric Psychologist to join the Weight and Wellness Center at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic located in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Developing and providing expert services for patients struggling with obesity in the Weight and Wellness Centers
- Conducting pre and post bariatric surgery psychological evaluations
- Participating in interdisciplinary team-based care
Ideally we are seeking a candidate whom has experience and interest in obesity medicine and/or bariatrics.
What Dartmouth-Hitchcock has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial and inclusive environment and referrals
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center and opportunities to participate in scholarly activities
- Competitive compensation, benefits and relocation
- Dedicated CME time and funds
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an academic health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered health care, D-H is on a path to create a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes New Hampshire’s only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, the state’s only Children’s Hospital Association-approved, comprehensive, full-service children’s hospital. As an academic health system, Dartmouth-Hitchcock provides access to nearly 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Cover Letters should be addressed to: Mary Kay Jankowski, Ph.D. Director of Psychology Services
- Completion of a doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program.
- Completion of a predoctoral internship from an APA- or CPA-accredited internship program.
- At least one year of postdoctoral training in obesity medicine and/or bariatric psychology.
- Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the state of NH.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer.
Click the link to apply today: https://careers.dhproviders.org/bariatric-psychologist
Psychologist – Medical Weight Loss
MultiCare Health System, Tacoma, WA
MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness seeks a full time Medical Weight Loss Psychologist to join our nationally accredited team in the Puget Sound Region of Washington State.
Why MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness:
- Effective, evidence-based weight loss and wellness programs and procedures in a compassionate and supportive environment
- Multi-disciplinary team includes five bariatricians, three bariatric surgeons, seven medical and seven surgical weight loss registered dietitians, two psychologists, one licensed mental health counselor, one therapist
- Current footprint includes a hub clinic in Tacoma and satellite sites in Covington, Gig Harbor and Puyallup
- Surgical and non-surgical weight loss options
- Medical supervision through all stages of patient care
- Dedicated, one-on-one support from our expert staff
- Weight-loss plans tailored to fit patient-specific needs and health goals using a lifestyle approach
- Nationally accredited as a Comprehensive Center, under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®)
What we have to offer:
- Position based in Tacoma, WA with up to a couple days per week spent working in our satellite clinics in Pierce and South King counties
- Collaborate with three Obesity Medicine physicians, dietitians, and therapists
- Regular work schedule is Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm; no evenings, weekends or after hours call responsibility
- Be a part of an evolving specialty where your input is valued and considered during program development and innovation
- Join an established practice where you significantly impact patient quality of life while working with a team to address all aspects of the ‘dilemma’ of obesity
- Facilitate therapeutic support group and classes for patients
- Deliver staff in-services, assist in program development, and serve as a resource for providers on behavioral health resources that may benefit weight loss patients
- Competitive salary, full array of benefits and the beauty of Pacific Northwest living
What you will need:
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) from an APA accredited program
- Training specific to treating weight loss patients, as well as eating disorders/disordered eating psychosocial behaviors related to obesity and wellness
- Experience with the assessment and ongoing care of weight loss patients/those with eating disorders or disordered patterns including emotional eating
- Licensed as a psychologist in the state of WA prior to employment start date
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
For more information, please contact Sheree Farr at Sheree.Farr@multicare.org
Bariatric Clinical Coordinator, Bariatric Surgery, Full-Time
Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
The Program Team Leader will play a key role in the acquisition of new patients, chart patient volumes, offer marketing and community awareness of the program. This position will implement and grow the existing Bariatric program and educate the community and healthcare providers on the services offered for obese patients 18 years of age and older. The goal will be to optimize patient outcomes and improve the quality of life of patients. Coordinates and participates in the development of referral relationships with physicians, therapists, and others who may refer patients to the Program. This includes identifying referral sources, coordinating efforts with other AAHS functions (marketing), and working within in the Program to properly respond to referrals made, tracking, and responding to referring providers with reports. Primary facilitator to meet the requirements set by ASMBS for Center of Excellence Accreditation .
Alex Gandsas, MD, MBA, FACS
Director, Weight Loss and Metabolic Surgery Program and General Surgery Residency and Bariatric Fellowship Program
Anne Arundel Medical Center
2001 Medical Parkway, suite 600 Annapolis, MD 21401
Director of Bariatric Surgery
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
The Department of Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Division of General and GI Surgery is seeking an academic and clinical leader to serve as the Director of Bariatric Surgery for our busy program that covers several in-patient and outpatient clinical sites. The surgical program is an important part of our integrated weight management services at the Center for Weight Management and Wellness. The center has an internationally renowned leadership structure with multidisciplinary clinical programs and a strong research focus. The demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and communicate with departmental and hospital leadership are important qualities.
All candidates must be board-certified surgeons with a minimum of 5 years of post-fellowship clinical experience and currently hold an academic rank of Assistant Professor or higher. They should demonstrate commitment to clinical excellence and program development, education and research leadership.
The candidate should be eligible for, and maintain, full medical licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Salary and academic appointment will be commensurate with training and level of experience.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Department of Surgery are committed to ensuring our diverse community feels welcome, cared for, and valued. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff and patients, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
A selection committee, headed by Dr. Ali Tavakkoli, Chief of Division of General and GI Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, will be reviewing all applicants. Interested candidates should submit curriculum vitae and letter of interest by email to: Gerard M. Doherty, MD, Chair, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital at:email@example.com
Academic Endocrinologist: Obesity Medical Lead and Program Co-director
Banner University Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
Join Us at Top Teaching Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona!
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMC-P) is seeking an experienced Endocrinologist to support our new Division Chief in Bariatric surgery as Obesity Medical Lead and Program Co-Director.
- Foster collegial relationships across the Department of Medicine and Department of Surgery provide the most optimal care and services to the Bariatric and Obesity community
- Provide leadership to establish/maintain BUMCP Bariatric and Obesity Medicine Services
- Coordination of education, training, and clinical research
- Provide recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff
- Increase community awareness of Bariatric and Obesity Services patient care programs
- Identify opportunities for local market expansion
- MD or DO
- Must have AZ license (or eligibility to receive by hire date)
- Must be ABMS/ABOS Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Fellowship-Trained in Endocrinology
- Leadership skills and experience to lead a high priority and growing clinical program
- Desire to work in an academic setting
BUMC-P is a nationally-known academic medical center and the primary teaching facility of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. BUMC-P is a 733 bed, Level 1 Trauma facility. As the largest and one of the most comprehensive tertiary care facilities in Arizona, it provides a full complement of subspecialties including cardiac care, transplant services, oncology, high-risk obstetrics, CARF certified stroke, head injury and general inpatient rehabilitation, epilepsy center, Alzheimer’s Institute, and outpatient clinics on campus in primary and specialty care. BUMC-P has been cited for 12 years as one of America’s “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently rated as a “Best Place to Work” in Arizona.
Banner Health offers an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Paid time off plans
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer.
Interested applicants are encouraged to join our physician and provider talent community where you can upload your CV and track application progress: https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com/. For questions, please email Joanna Wilkes, Sourcing Strategist Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at http://www.bannerdocs.com/.
Attending Surgeon MIS and Bariatric
Long Island Laparoscopic Surgery, Long Island, NY
An excellent opportunity exists for a Board Eligible or Board certified Fellowship trained MIS/ Bariatric surgeon to join an existing private practice group of four fellowship trained MIS/ robotic Bariatric and General surgeons in a reputable practice in Long Island.
The position is available from August2022 . Current Fellows who will be finishing in July 2022 are welcome to apply.
We are a busy practice with an impeccable reputation and track record in the area since the inception of the practice in 2004. Recent graduates are welcome and mentorship provided. This is an excellent opportunity to master MIS and robotic surgery as we provide mentoring to new associates in Advanced laparoscopic and Robotic surgery.
We have been an SRC Center of Excellence practice since 2007 and are also a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery and the only Intuitive Epicenter in Robotic Bariatrics on Long Island.
Dr Ahmad is the Fellowship Director of MIS and Bariatric Fellowship approved by the Fellowship Council and currently are training our first Fellow. Our practice performs an average of 800 Bariatric surgeries including a large number of Revisional surgery. Majority of our cases are currently done robotic as we have three robots at Mather . In addition we perform general Minimally invasive surgery including robotic general surgery such as hernias, anti reflux surgery , laparoscopic and robotic cholecystectomy etc. our group also does upper endoscopy. Majority of our cases are done at MatherNorthwell and some in CHS hospitals in Long Island .
The Port Jefferson area in Long Island is a highly desirable place to live and work and to raise a family and the area has some of the best school districts in the North East. The North Shore of Long Island is well known for its coveted lifestyle and access to the Long Island Sound. Easy access and proximity to New York City.
For more information, please contact Aahmadmd@aol.com
General Bariatric Surgeon
PeaceHealth, Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a solid partner to join our Surgery team at the PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, WA. If you’re looking to join a busy service with top surgical outcomes while having easy access to everything the Pacific Northwest has to offer, we encourage you to apply today!
- MIS/Bariatric Fellowship training required
- Interested parties must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Established team of 3 General Surgeons (2 of which do bariatrics) and 2 PAs
- Rapidly growing MBSAQIP accredited bariatric program
- No general or trauma surgery call required with bariatric call being shared
- Weekend rounding is ~1:5
- All advance MIS cases for general surgery performed(no major liver cases)
- Collaboration with Trauma/ACS service for advances MIS referrals
- Clinic, Hospital, Endo Suite and ASC all on same campus
- 2 DaVinci XI Robots
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
Vancouver is a robust, independent city with over 160,000 residents and is the largest suburb of Portland, Oregon. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending recreational activities of the Pacific Northwest. We are home to some of the world’s best mountain biking and wind-surfing locales. Nationally recognized farm-to-table cuisine, craft microbreweries, and gourmet coffeehouses will keep the most discerning food critic happy. A thriving arts, theater, and music scene and our 26 colleges and universities attract renowned authors, performers, and speakers. There is no Washington State personal income tax.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. Comprehensive care for over a 250,000 patients annually including over 75,000 ED visits (busiest in SW Washington) and over 2,000 traumas.
- Two 24-bed ICUs
- State-of-the-art 14-bed inpatient rehabilitation floor provides intensive therapy services.
- Our integrated physician-led medical group has over 1,000 active medical providers with most specialty services represented.
- EPIC health records
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus and relocation assistance
- CME reimbursement
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional health coverage options and retirement plans
- Educational loan reimbursement (to those who qualify)
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit allowance and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyle
Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring
For more information please, contact:
Seth Lidren, Senior Physician Recruiter
Postdoctoral Psychology Associates
Yale University School Medicine, New Haven, CT
The Program for Obesity, Weight, and Eating Research (POWER) at the Yale School of Medicine is seeking qualified candidates for Postdoctoral Psychology Associate positions under the supervision of Drs. Valentina Ivezaj and Carlos M. Grilo. New studies supported by NIH grants will provide training and clinical-research opportunities for individuals interested in careers working with obesity, binge eating, and bariatric surgery. Although there is considerable overlap between the two positions, one is structured for individuals interested in clinical practice and program leadership and one for clinical research in academic medical school and health-care systems.
“Clinical” Post-Doctoral Associate Position
This position will provide ample clinical and supervision hours for independent psychology licensure. Clinical work will involve delivering treatment and administering assessments within the context of NIH-funded randomized controlled trials. Clinical post-doctoral associates will serve primarily as research clinicians on NIH-funded studies examining behavioral and pharmacologic treatments for binge eating (or loss-of-control eating) and for weight regain among adults who have undergone bariatric surgery.
Strong clinical skills and experience in evidence-based treatments and with assessment methods (e.g., semi-structured diagnostic interviews) are required. Candidates must have a doctoral degree in clinical, health, or counseling psychology, completed an APA-approved internship, and have experience with patients who seek/undergo bariatric surgery. Positions are full-time for 1-2 years (with strong preference for 2-year positions).
“Clinical-Research” Post-Doctoral Associate Position
This position will include a combination of clinical work and study coordination with opportunities for writing manuscripts and grants. Clinical work will involve serving as research clinicians on NIH-funded randomized controlled trials treating loss-of-control eating, other eating/weight concerns, and weight regain following bariatric surgery. Clinical training and supervision will focus on assessment and treatment delivery. In addition to clinical work, clinical-research post-doctoral associates will participate in protocol implementation, research staff supervision/mentoring, as well administrative tasks involved in running an NIH-funded trial. Data from multi-site longitudinal studies with bariatric surgery patients will be available for research projects. Candidates must have a doctoral degree in clinical, health, or counseling psychology, completed an APA-approved internship, and experience with bariatric surgery patients. Ideal candidates will have interests in writing manuscripts focused on bariatric surgery. Experience with assessment methods (e.g., semi-structured diagnostic interviews), evidence-based treatment, good statistical skills, and good writing skills (including publications in peer-reviewed journals) are required.
Start date is July 2022 (although early start date is possible and negotiable if desired). Applications will be reviewed starting November 2021 (and will be accepted until positions are filled).
Interested candidates should send a CV and statement of interests (reference letters will be requested after initial review) by email to both: Carlos M. Grilo, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology, Yale University email@example.com and to Valentina Ivezaj, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Director of Obesity and Bariatric Research Initiatives firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychologist for Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Clinic
Anchorage Bariatrics LLC, Anchorage, AK
Anchorage Bariatrics has grown into the premier center for Alaskans seeking surgical and non-surgical weight loss options. With this growth comes opportunity, and we are looking to add a full-time psychologist to evaluate and counsel our surgical and non-surgical patients as well as provide valuable input in our programs continued growth and innovation
- Conducting clinical interviews of bariatric patients to determine psychological readiness for bariatric surgery and the post-surgery adjustment period
- Employing psychological testing tools Interpreting collected data and summarizing the data in a concise format for the bariatric surgery team
- Developing a comprehensive treatment plan for patients found to be not ready for surgery at the time of the assessment
- Utilize tele-health services where appropriate
- Maintain timely documentation of patient encounters
- Experience in the assessment, treatment, and ongoing care of weight loss patients, as well as eating disorders/disordered eating patterns and psychosocial behaviors related to obesity and wellness
- Education: Doctorate degree (PhD or PsyD) from an APA accredited program
- Licensure: Must be licensed to practice psychology in the state of Alaska prior to beginning employment and must maintain currency and good standing
- Working with a multidisciplinary team including three bariatric surgeons, one medical weight loss physician, four physician assistants, two part-time psychologists and two dietitians
- Working with motivated patients!
- All overhead covered including work space, computers, charting software, admin staff, all patients and billing services provided
- Pay at or above the 100th percentile nationally
- Signing bonus and stipend for moving expenses
- Health coverage, 401K, and a quarterly productivity bonus
- Regular hours (8am-5pm); Paid vacation
- No call, no evenings, no weekends
- Living in a world class destination for outdoor activities; North to the Future!
Bariatric Program Coordinator
East Cooper Medical Center, Mount Pleasant, SC
East Cooper Medical Center is looking for a Registered Dietitian for the role of Bariatric Coordinator of our MBSAQIP Accredited Bariatric Program.
East Cooper Medical Center is located in Mt. Pleasant just outside of desirable Charleston, SC.
Brief Job Description:
- Maintenance of the MBSAQIP Standards necessary for continued accreditation.
- Liaison between the Bariatric Practice and Medical Center.
- Provide dietary education to patients enrolled in the Bariatric Program in concert with the Practice Dietitian.
- Monthly support group meetings.
- Coordinate marketing and other initiatives required for growth of the Bariatric Program.
Note: No Clinical Reviewer responsibilities.
Dr. Morris Washington
Bariatric Medicine Physician
Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, MI
Spectrum Health Medical Group is seeking a BE/BC Bariatric Medicine physician. Join a collegial, well established, and respected practice with a dedicated group of 6 physicians and 8 APPs. Our group offers the opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary team with a team-based environment and approach to patient care.
- Competitive continuing education funding
- Outpatient only 100%
- No nights/weekends
- High volume clinic / Daily patient expectation averages 21 to 23 patients
- Full-time – 36 hours/week
- PTO and CME allowance (30 days total per calendar year)
- Malpractice and tail coverage
- Competitive salary
- BE/BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- ABOM certified
- MI License
- Located just 35 minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan and 2.5 hours from Chicago, the metropolitan area population is 750,000 with a 3 million population primary service area.
- With a vibrant downtown, award winning restaurants and breweries, multiple cultural venues and events, professional sports, and the world’s largest art competition, ArtPrize, Grand Rapids is a fantastic place to call home!
- Over 75 downtown restaurant options
For consideration, please contact Marianna Robinson, Physician Recruiter, at 616.486.6684 or apply to the link below at: https://spectrumhealth.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Physicians_Psychologists/job/Grand-Rapids-MI/Physician—Bariatric-Medicine_R34890-1
Physician Assistant – Bariatric Surgery Program
Central Virginia VA Healthcare System, Richmond, VA
The Bariatric Surgery Program at the Richmond VA Medical Center is rapidly expanding. We provide a centralized, multi-disciplinary team approach which includes surgeons, advance practice providers, registered dietitians, psychologists, registered nurses, and many other specialties. The Bariatric Surgery Physician Assistant will be responsible for the medical and surgical needs of inpatients, short stay unit patients and outpatients on the Bariatric Surgery Service. Duties will include, but are not limited to the evaluation of current medical and surgical problems, administrative assistance, quality assurance and educational support.
Previous experience as a first assistant in the operating room is preferred, but not required.
Previous experience working with bariatric surgery patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting is preferred, but not required.
A full job description is available on the official U.S. Government website: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/618332200
Applicants will be required to register for an account on the website in order to apply.
Applications will be accepted from October 22, 2021 until November 19, 2021.
Torrance Bariatric Institute, Torrance, CA
Torrance Bariatric Institute is seeking to hire a full time, fellowship trained Bariatric Surgeon. The position is ideal for an individual fresh out of fellowship or with one to two years of experience.
This is a unique opportunity in one of the most sought living areas Los Angeles. Join one of the fastest growing and independent Bariatric & MIS practices in the South Bay area.
Excellent starting salary with bonus incentive and partnership opportunity.
- Formal Bariatric Surgery Fellowship is necessary.
- Active and Unrestricted California License
- General Surgery Board Certification or Eligibility
- Ability to work within the United States (no work visa sponsorship)
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified Candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Visit us at https://torrancebariatrics.com
LOCATION: 21250 Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 430, Torrance, CA 90503
Clinical Health Psychology Fellow
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
The Clinical Health Psychology Fellowship is a two-year postdoctoral fellowship (APA accredited and an APPIC-Member). The Clinical Health Psychology Fellowship aims to develop the knowledge and skills to clinically apply and research the interconnection between behavioral, emotional, cognitive, sociocultural, and biological components in health and disease to promote functioning, quality of life, and well-being across individuals, families, and populations.
Graduates of our program build advanced competencies in clinical health psychology assessment, intervention, consultation, management/administration, research or program evaluation, supervision, teaching, and advocacy through major and minor rotation areas. Each clinical health psychology fellow selects a major rotation area, and minor rotations.
- Cancer care
- Family medicine residency education
- Pain rehabilitation
- Primary care
- Transgender and intersex health
- Weight management and bariatric surgery
- Behavioral medicine
- Hospital-based outpatient psychiatric treatment
- Menopause and sexual health
- Transplant psychology
All rotations provide fellows with opportunities to receive and provide interprofessional education, practice, and research. Clinical health psychology fellows receive 30% protected research time (12hrs/week). Upon graduating from our Clinical Health Psychology Fellowship, graduates of our program are eligible for board certification in clinical health psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology.
For additional information about our fellowship, please visit:
Medical Psychology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism – Mayo Clinic and the Medical Psychology Fellowship value and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and training experiences to apply to our fellowships, including those whose backgrounds have been historically excluded from the field of psychology due to race/ethnicity, socioeconomic background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, rural status, and disability status.
- APA/CPA-accredited graduate program and internship training is required for all applicants (regardless of citizenship status).
To apply, please submit your APPIC application through the APPIC Psychology Postdoctoral Application Centralized Application Service (APPA CAS) by Sunday, 12/12/2021 (11:59pm EST). In your cover letter, please explicitly state your major and minor rotations of interest, along with your areas of research interests.
Amber Pearson, Education Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cesar Gonzalez, PhD, ABPP, Clinical Health Psychology Fellowship Director: email@example.com
Karen Grothe, PhD, ABPP, LP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of System Weight Managment
Houston Methodist, Houston, TX
The role of this position is to research, plan, develop, implement and evaluate education and healthcare services for bariatric surgery, inpatient and outpatient diabetes education and medical weight management patients (and others as assigned) for the Weight Management Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibits strong leadership traits – especially in leading and managing change. Directs, delegates, and oversees work efforts as appropriate to ensure the best possible delivery of service and high customer service/patient satisfaction. (EF)
- Works cooperatively, as part of the team, to maintain a competent work environment that promotes mutual respect and professionalism.
- Sets priorities and goals in consultation with senior leadership and the physicians involved in the Bariatric Center of Excellence. (EF)
- Performs the management functions of planning, organizing, directing, and budgetary accountability for the Bariatric Center of Excellence, inpatient & outpatient diabetes education programs and medical weight management programs. (EF)
- In partnership with Financial Accounting/Medical Records establishesstandards for chart coding that ensures accuracy and maximizes reimbursement opportunities. (EF)
- Actively participates and takes leadership role in the development and on-going management of strategic planning and growth for the Weight Management Center and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
- Bachelors Degree required, Bachelor degree in Nutrition strongly preferred
- Masters Degree in Nursing, Business or Nutrition preferred
- Three (3) years clinical management experience required
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with bariatric surgical clinical experience &/or a non surgical weight management program strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Registered Dietitian and/or Registered Nurse
Bariatric Surgery Physician Assistant
Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA
Swedish First Hill is seeking a full-time physician assistant to work with a well-established, multidisciplinary weight-loss team. Swedish Weight Loss Services is an accredited MBSAQIP comprehensive program comprised of a Bariatric Surgery Program and a Medical Weight Loss Program dedicated to serving both surgical patients (pre- and post-op) and non-surgical patients. The appointed individual will be responsible for providing collaborative services, including initial and ongoing assessment, diagnosis and treatment and first assisting on Bariatric surgical cases in the operating rooms. The candidate will possess the ability to assess, triage, and prepare preoperative and postoperative Bariatric patients in the outpatient, inpatient, ICU and ER settings.
- Monday to Friday schedule with possibility of flexible scheduling (ie. 4x10s)
- Outpatient and Inpatient setting
- Primary location: Swedish First Hill Seattle; Secondary location: Swedish Issaquah
- Graduate of an accredited physician assistant program required
- Background in bariatric surgery and/or laparoscopic surgery preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in surgical patient care required
- Washington State physician assistant licensure or eligible
Where You’ll Work
Swedish Medical Center’s First Hill campus is a 697-bed, general medical and surgical hospital in downtown Seattle. The largest of Swedish’s five hospitals, First Hill is considered the main Swedish campus. In addition to the hospital and emergency department, the campus is home to the Swedish Cancer Institute and the Swedish Orthopedic Institute. The hospital provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including the area’s largest childbirth center, NICU and specialty pediatric care.
Where You’ll Live
Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s largest urban center, with a metro population of 3.25 million, and is home to world-class arts and entertainment, a robust economy and an outstanding school system. The city hugs Puget Sound and offers magnificent mountain views to the north, east and south. Home to the world’s biggest tech giants, Seattle offers some of the highest minimum wages in the country, along with a notable music and arts scene, outdoor lifestyle and amazing coffee.
Who You’ll Work For
Swedish is a comprehensive health network with a long history of excellence. The Seattle-based system operates five hospitals with more than 1,500 beds, and more than 115 primary and specialty care clinics. Part of the Providence family, Swedish is world-renowned for its innovative and ground-breaking diagnoses, treatments and medical research at its five award-winning institutes: cancer, digestive health, heart and vascular, neuroscience and orthopedic. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person it serves.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Sam C Crane
Registered Nurse Bariatric Coordinator – Full Time
AdventHealth, Dade City, FL
The Bariatric Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Manages accreditation criteria and ensures continuous compliance with Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) standards.
- Administrates the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (MBS) Committee and attends all meetings.
- Develops, updates, and maintains relevant accreditation patient care pathways and protocols.
- Develops, coordinates and provides physician, staff, patient and community education as applicable. Staff education will focus on metabolic and bariatric patient safety, complications, and sensitivity, along with other relevant bariatric patient care topics.
- Supports the development of written protocols and education of nursing staff detailing the rapid communication and basic response to critical patient findings that are specifically required to minimize delays in the treatment of serious adverse events.
- Monitors outcomes data and collection and provides feedback to surgeons as appropriate.
- Assists with identifying yearly quality improvement (QI) initiatives and gathers data as needed. Prepares QI initiative utilizing Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle or other quality improvement methodology.
- Serves as the liaison between the facility and all metabolic and bariatric proceduralists at the center and any general surgeons providing call coverage.
- Collaborates with other in-house departments to provide continuity of care.
- Prepares for and attends MBSAQIP accreditation/re-accreditation Site Visit.
- Assists in maintaining documentation of the call schedule providing by all covering surgeons, as well as providing access to the call schedule to all departments of the facility that provide care for metabolic and bariatric patients.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Broad knowledge base in Bariatrics as related to care of the patient and program coordination
- Effective communication
- Strong relationship building
- Planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and record keeping accuracy
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- MS Office including Excel workbook, PowerPoint, and Word
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two-years minimum experience as an RN
- Bariatric Nurse Certification (CBN) or achieved within two years of employment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Experience with program development
- Experience in care of patients with morbid obesity
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida or Licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement
Please use this link below to apply or email your resume to Candie.email@example.com. https://jobs.adventhealth.com/en-US/job/registered-nurse-bariatric-coordinator-full-time-days-dade-city/J3N2076QMJJC6BBVQ8Y
Bariatric & General/Trauma Surgeon – Northern Colorado Front Range
Banner Health, Fort Collins, CO
Join Top-5 Large Health System and Enjoy Practicing Along the Northern Colorado Front Range with Views of the Rocky Mountains in your Backyard!
AT THE END OF THE DAY…This is where YOU want to BE!
Banner Health is a financially sound non-profit organization, with a Fitch rating of AA-. We are physician-led, and value the voice of our providers. Discover for yourself the benefits of working with the support of Banner Health and having access to the latest technology, career development, great support and a multitude of yearlong outdoor activity options, from hiking and cycling to boating and snow sports, to simply sitting and enjoying some of Mother Nature’s most astounding creations. Join us in this excellent employed opportunity in a thriving, existing practice with an experienced team of surgeons based at Fort Collins Medical Center in Fort Collins, CO!
Practice details include:
- BE/BC in General Surgery
- Experience in Bariatric Surgery and/or fellowship-trained
- Collegial team with supported staff including Nurse Practitioner, Psychologist, and Medical Assistant
- Esophageal Physiology Lab
- Call: 10 days per month
Northern Colorado is one of the best places to live and work in the entire nation. Enjoy spectacular views along the Rocky Mountain Front Range, great weather (over 300 days of pure Colorado sunshine a year), endless recreational activities, and more. Banner Health has multiple clinics and three hospitals in this region.
- Within one hour of majestic Rocky Mountain National Park-90 minutes to world-class ski resorts
- Biking, hiking, camping, rock climbing, hunting and fishing
- A multitude of public and private golf courses and public parks
- Cultural and historic activities throughout the year
Banner Health’s Total Compensation package includes:
- Salary: $400,000 – $450,000 dependent on experience/qualifications
- Paid malpractice with tail
- CME Allowance
- Retirement package of 401(k) with matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, to: Dawn Curry, Sourcing Strategist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or questions, call: 970-810-6096. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com PLEASE NO AGENCY SOLICITATION!
New York Bariatric Group, NY, NJ, CT
Join one of the fastest growing most lucrative private bariatric surgical practices in the Tri State Area. Currently have multiple offices in NY, NJ and CT. Excellent starting salary with bonus incentive and partnership opportunity. Bariatric Surgery fellowship or experience is necessary. Have full support structure built into practice with physician assistants, nutritionists, psychologist, etc. The New York Bariatric Group provides extensive marketing and physician outreach to get your practice up and running very quickly.
Please email CV to Shawn Garber at email@example.com
APP – Bariatric Surgical Assistant
Atrium Health, Charlotte, NC
Atrium Health Weight Management with multiple locations in the Charlotte, NC area is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join its current team of 5 Bariatric Surgeons and 2 APP’s. If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health- the leading community focused academic healthcare academic system serving North Carolina and South Carolina.
Atrium Health Weight Management is a large multidisciplinary weight management program that has 4 offices with the greater Charlotte region, 2 designated MBSAQIP centers of excellence and a large multi-disciplinary team to serve patients with Obesity and Obesity related medical conditions. Our team includes 5 metabolic and bariatric surgeons, 5 Obesity medicine specialists, as well as bariatric surgery fellows, surgery residents, nurses, dietitians, clinical reviewers, exercise physiologists, a psychologist, and a bariatric coordinator.
This full-time position includes:
- A broad-based general surgery practice (elective and acute) at Atrium Health – Mercy and Cabarrus
- Monday through Friday variable night and weekend call
- Both inpatient and outpatient work
- Assist Surgeons in Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve, Duodenal Switch and Revisional Bariatric surgery
- Provides services in inpatient, outpatient, endoscopy and operating room setting caring for acute and chronically ill or injured patients. May perform minimally to advanced invasive procedures and must be primarily first-assisting a surgeon in complex surgical cases. In addition, providers perform band adjustment under fluoroscopy.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relative experience and/or surgical background preferred.
Nurse Practitioner – Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Acute Care board certification required based upon population and acuity served.
Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. About Atrium Health
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing nearly 62,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis.
Phillip Christofferson at Peter.Christofferson@atriumhealth.org or apply online at https://careers.atriumhealth.org/jobs/7768579-app-specialty-care-surgical-assistant
Hackensack Meridian Health, Holmdel, NJ
General Surgery Full Time – Monmouth County, New Jersey
Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible General Surgeon to join a successful, well-established team based out of Holmdel, NJ. Academic appointment available for qualified candidates at the HMH School of Medicine. Fellowship or specialty training is preferred, however not required.
- Successful, well-established Surgical Practice
- Practice includes the full range of general surgery cases
- Call coverage required
- Collegial Team and Atmosphere
- Robust benefits and Competitive Compensation Packages
- Enjoy Beautiful Jersey Shore Beaches and Coastal Living Lifestyle
Hackensack Meridian Health offers competitive compensation, relocation assistance, a robust benefits package, 403B savings plan, and medical malpractice insurance
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leading not-for-profit health care network in New Jersey offering a complete range of medical services, innovative research, and life-enhancing care aiming to serve as a national model for changing and simplifying health care delivery through partnerships with innovative companies and focusing on quality and safety.
For immediate consideration contact:
Renee Theobald at: renee.theobald@HMHN.org 908-839-5693
HACKENSACK MERIDIAN HEALTH
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Upper GI/Minimally Invasive – Bariatric Surgeon
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Upper GI/Minimally invasive/Bariatric Surgeon
The Department of Surgery at The University of North Carolina is seeking applications for a full-time academic minimally invasive foregut, bariatric and hernia surgeon to join our Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery. The Division of GI Surgery is among 9 Divisions in the Department of Surgery. The Division currently includes faculty members that provide a broad array of clinical services for patients with general surgery, upper and lower GI disease. In addition, the Division of GI Surgery maintains a minimally invasive Advanced GI Surgery fellowship. Patients are referred to our surgeons from across the Eastern United States for management of a variety of benign and malignant GI disorders via open, laparoscopic, and robotic approaches. Academic appointment will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Faculty members within the Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery must possess a desire to commit to all three missions of the department and school of medicine, including the clinical, education, and research missions. Regarding the education mission, faculty members are expected to regularly participate in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows. Regarding research, a commitment to any one of a broad array of research interests is desirable, including but not limited to clinical, outcomes, health services, basic science, translational, ethics, education, or global surgery research. Regarding the clinical mission, faculty members must be committed to delivering high-quality clinical care that is of value to the patients of UNC. The selected candidate must be team-oriented and be able to interact well with colleagues inside and outside the Division.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements Prospective candidates must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience Completion of a minimally invasive fellowship is required. Robotic experience is preferred. Chosen candidates should either have a current North Carolina Medical License or be eligible for application.
Please apply online at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/198238
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Psychologist – Bariatrics and Eating Disorders
Baptist Behavioral Health, Jacksonville, FL
Baptist Medical Center is hiring for an Outpatient Psychologist for Adult Behavioral Health, specializing in Eating Disorders & Bariatrics at Baptist Medical Center in Downtown Jacksonville. This is a full time day opportunity with some telecommute available.
Baptist Jacksonville is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care. We serve families throughout the area with high-quality, comprehensive care for every stage of life.
As a Psychologist you will be responsible for:
- Function as an integral member of the bariatrics multidisciplinary team
- Psychological assessment, testing and individual and group therapy for adult patients both pre and post-surgery.
- Comprehensive recommendations to the bariatric team regarding patient’s readiness and appropriateness for surgery and completion of reports required for insurance purposes.
- Maintain timely documentation of patient encounters
- Request authorization for care as indicated by support staff and payors.
- Experience in Outpatient Setting
- Expertise in the assessment and treatment of adults with obesity and the emotional, behavioral and psychological variables associated with bariatric surgery.
- Expertise in the assessment and treatment of adolescents with anorexia and bulimia and co-morbid psychological disorders.
- Licensed clinical psychologist
- In possession of or ability to obtain an active unrestricted Florida license
- Eligible to be credentialed with major insurance panels
License and Certification:
Licensed Psychologist Required
This Outpatient Psychologist is located at Baptist Medical Center in Downtown Jacksonville. If you are interested in this Full-time day’s opportunity please apply now.
Premier Weight Loss Solutions with Premier Health, Dayton, OH
Premier Weight Loss Solutions is seeking an experienced Psychologist to join our comprehensive bariatric team located at Premier Health! Premier Health relies on a multidisciplinary approach – including dietitians, behavioral therapists, weight management experts and metabolic and bariatric surgeons – to create customized plans for patients that help them reach their weight loss goals and improve their health and quality of life.
- Provide psychological consultation, support, counseling and intervention to bariatric patients
- Performs pre-op and post-op assessments
- Develops, implements and evaluates plan of care for patients and their families
- Liaison for both patients and bariatric providers
This Position Offers:
- Full time position vs. Consultant
- Great work life balance, no call or weekends.
- System-wide Epic EMR.
- Integrated health system.
- Education: Doctorate degree in Psychology from a recognized educational institution required.
- Licensure: Must be licensed to practice psychology in the state of Ohio.
- Experience: Experience with bariatrics, eating disorders or a related field. This well-established practice is a part of Premier Health, a recognized Bariatric Center of Excellence. (More information about Premier Health/stats)
Become a part of our legacy and help us build a healthier future.
Eric J. Sedwick, MBA, CPC, CPRP
William A. Graber, M.D., P.C., Central New York – Syracuse/Utica locations
Exciting, full-time opportunity in a busy surgical practice for a motivated Physician Assistant.
Working together with expertise to promote a supportive and safe environment for our patients as they strive to restore health and quality of life.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of the patients we care for and are interested in collaborating with a dynamic group of healthcare professionals dedicated to this Mission, we invite you to apply at William A. Graber, MD, PC- Weight Loss Surgery.
Exciting, full-time opportunity in a well-established private surgical practice in CNY area. We are a Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program accredited center of excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing post-operative care and education, assessing patients, hospital rounding, writing notes, ordering and interpreting routine diagnostic procedures and laboratories, providing first assist services in operating room. Will train and work within scope of practice under supervising physician. Competitive salary and benefits available, including medical, dental, vision and 401K.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program.
- Board certified.
- Licensed by the State of NY.
- Maintains CME and licensing as required by the NYS Dept. of Education.
- Experience helpful, new grads welcome.
William A. Graber, MD, PC is an equal opportunity employer.
Email Theresa Sullivan, Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutrition Education Coordinator (Bariatric Dietitian)
Emory Healthcare – The Emory Clinic, Atlanta , GA
Emory Bariatric Center is looking for an energetic registered dietitian to add to their multidisciplinary team in Atlanta, GA.
- Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy to patients in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process including assessment, counseling, education, evaluation and management.
- Develops, conducts, and evaluates patient and family education by discussing the plan of care. Determines appropriate interventions for identified patient problems, symptoms, behavioral changes and teaching needs.
- Documents all aspects of patient care.
- Communicates effectively with patient, family and members of the health care team.
- Administers clinic policies and procedures in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines at each institution; may assist in reviewing policies and procedures.
- Determines and mobilizes equipment and resources required for effective patient care.
- Serves on Clinic committees.
- May lead nutrition education classes or support groups.
- May supervise support staff or dietetic interns.
- Develops and prepares operational and statistical reports for management and regulatory agencies to assist in making fact-based decisions and to comply with regulations.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Resource on nutrition to physicians, nurses and other allied health professionals.
- Responsible for providing individual and group Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) to patients in the outpatient clinic setting in area of specialty.
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates nutrition care plan for patients using the Nutrition Care Process. Documents Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) in the medical record in compliance with TJC, CMS.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care.
- Effectively applies or participates in evidence based research to enhance practice within area of specialty.
- Participates in multidisciplinary medical rounds or patient care conferences.
- Provides nutrition counseling to patients and caregivers based on identified needs and coordinates appropriate implementation of cultural, religious, ethnic preferences or medical requirements making appropriate use of available education materials.
- Completes literature review related to patient care population.
- Develops protocol or patient care guidelines for area(s) of specialization.
- May lead/instruct patient group sessions/classes in area of specialty.
- Designs, evaluates and utilizes patient education materials relevant to area of specialty that contain up-to date information consistent with current research in nutrition care.
- Utilizes various software programs including documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Utilizes effective time management in organizing work load, prioritization
Behavior Modification Educator
Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center, Lafayette, LA
The Behavior Modification Educator for the Bariatric Department primary role is to design, implement, and administer the behavior modification and exercise programs for weight management to bariatric patients. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs course outline and participant goals
- Follows-up with all participants according to appropriate guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records of participants and program evaluations.
- Delivers community and corporate lectures on wellness topics.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to the population and the ability to assess data reflective of patients’ status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her needs.
- Does pre-operative evaluation of bariatric patients for behavior modification and lifestyle changes.
- Develop and teach back on track class for post-operative bariatric patients
- Does pre-operative exercise evaluation of bariatric patients
- Does post-operative exercise evaluation as required
- Creates and manages quarterly bariatric newsletters for post-operative bariatric patients
- Responsible for managing bi-monthly support group meetings for pre and post operative patients
- Educates bariatric patients on the benefits of exercise pre and post-operatively
- Develop and implement exercise regimen for pre and post-operative bariatric patients
- Develop and manage community events for the bariatric program (i.e. Fashion show, Walk from Obesity)
- Conducts programs through Wellness Department for smoking cessation classes and stress management.
- Educates bariatric patients on the benefits of post-operative lifestyle changes.
- Evaluates compliance of lifestyle and behavior modification changes of bariatric patients during post-op visits.
- Makes recommendations for additional wellness counseling for bariatric patients when indicated.
- B.S. degree in health-related field including, but not limited to, education, nursing, exercise physiology, respiratory therapy, social work, dietetics, and human relations.
- A certification in exercise and/or fitness from an accredited program/organization is required within 90 days of hire date.
- Continued education in psychology, nutrition, and exercise physiology preferred.
- Two years recent and relevant experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical demands – light work as defined by U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 5-10 pounds on a frequent basis, with a maximum of 20 on occasion.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and/or move objects and equipment that fit within the weight categories.
- Work is inside – standing, walking needed to move equipment.
Bariatric Program Coordinator
Bon Secours – Southside Medical Center, Petersburg, VA
Bariatric Program Coordinator position available for a newly established bariatric practice in Petersburg, VA, just outside of Richmond. Bariatric nursing experience is helpful, but by no means required.
For full job posting and to apply, click here: https://careers.bonsecours.com/job/petersburg/rn-bariatric-coordinator/29151/14376975872?utm_source=email&utm_medium=social_post&utm_campaign=Bon_Secours_social
Kaitlin Deters, DO, Bariatric and General Surgeon
Email: email@example.com Phone: (423) 506-6234
Western Bariatric, AMC , Southern California, CA
Multi-Specialty Surgery/Bariatric Surgery Physician Extenders (PA/NP) Inland Empire, Southern California Western Bariatric, AMC is seeking two Physician Extenders. The key responsibilities for these positions are direct patient care in our outpatient surgical clinics, hospital rounds, and for candidates with certification, first assisting in the operating room. The successful candidates will possess excellent interpersonal and patient-care skills and absolute Integrity. The area has a more affordable cost of living than coastal communities, but is within 1 hour from the Southern California Coast, downtown Los Angeles, and most all of the highlights of Southern California.
We are a service and mission oriented Multi-Specialty surgical practice with a primary focus on Bariatric Surgery. We also practice General Surgery, Acute Care Surgery, and Vascular Surgery, and along with these specialties, we also offer medical options and medical support for our patients. Our group is well established, with 18 years in the service area. We have 4 fellowship-trained, board certified Bariatric Surgeons and 2 Vascular Surgeons, all of whom are currently supported by 2 Physician Assistants, our ancillary staff, and our practice management team. We maintain two separate, full-time office locations and one additional part-time office. Because of the current work-load and growth trajectory of the practice, we are looking to add 2 additional physician extenders to our provider group.
Graduation from a certified physician assistant program and board certification, or graduation from a certified nurse practitioner program and board certification. A Registered Nurse First Assistant certificate is preferred but not required. Experienced practitioners and new grads are all encouraged to apply. Salary and work schedule are negotiable based on experience and availability
Cathie Gentry, Practice Manager Western Bariatric, AMC
401 E. Highland Avenue, Suite 351
San Bernardino, CA 92404
Phone: (951) 634-5599
Beaumont Weight Control Center, Canton, MI
The Beaumont Weight Control Centers employ a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, psychologists, and exercise specialist. The Canton Weight Control Center mission is to optimize bariatric surgery outcomes through preoperative bariatric surgery education and preparation, post-operative monitoring and support, and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the patient’s care team, the bariatric surgeons, and the surgical quality team.
We are looking to add a 1.0 Full time Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine-Pediatrics , or Endocrinologist physician. Board certification in Obesity Medicine preferred but not required. This is an outpatient practice; call is shared with five other WCC physicians.
Please contact Amy Anstett for further information:
Obesity Medicine Physician
Beth Israel Lahey Health, Burlington, MA
Obesity Medicine Physician Lifestyle Health – Weight Loss and Wellness Lahey Hospital Medical Center
Lifestyle Health – Weight Loss and Wellness Center at LHMC is accepting applications for Obesity Medicine physician. Successful candidates should be board-certified or board eligible in IM/FM and Obesity Medicine with added qualifications in weight loss pharmacotherapy and qualified in the evaluation and medical management of patients with obesity and obesity related co-morbidities.
Lifestyle Health – Weight Loss and Wellness Center is an integrated department that supports the spectrum of needs for patients seeking help with obesity and weight management. The Center provides individualized, multidisciplinary consultation and innovative obesity treatment, including state-of-the-art medical and surgical programs. Patients have access to specialists in obesity medicine, bariatric surgery, psychology, and nutrition at our clinic in Burlington, MA and the world via our telemedicine program.
Successful candidates should be board-certified or board eligible in Obesity Medicine with added qualifications in weight loss pharmacotherapy and a strong interest in teaching and/or clinical/translational research. We offer highly competitive compensation and an exceptional array of benefits
Minimum Qualifications: BC/BE in Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine sub-specialty, or Family Medicine. Expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This field of medicine requires competency in the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity.
Part time or Full Time available
Monday – Friday
Applicants should email his/her curriculum vitae and cover letter to:
Matthew Hubbell – Sr. Physician Recruiter
Essentia Health, Duluth, MN
Will join an established, highly regarded Bariatric Surgery practice for both outpatient and inpatient/OR settings The practice is committed to providing comprehensive bariatric care, coordinating care with behavioral health, nutritional care, medical weight management, and gastroenterology We are proud to be the region’s only MBSAQIP accredited Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center Department consists of 7 general surgeons, including fellowship-trained minimally invasive, hepatobiliary, colorectal, and endocrine surgeons. Each surgeon has a dedicated NP/PA to help support their practice. Accredited Trauma Program/ Level I Trauma Center with ACS/Trauma/Critical Care surgeons dedicated to the program. This group trains PGY-2, 4, & 5 Surgical Residents from the University of Minnesota. It is also a key training site for medical students and PA students. All surgeons in this group participate in training.
Psychologist – Bariatric & Medical Weight Loss
Community Health Network, Indianapolis, IN
Job Location This provider will join Community Health Network Bariatric and Medical Weight Loss Services team in Indianapolis, Indiana. With an appealing blend of big-city amenities, cosmopolitan style, and communities which boast top notch school systems, the Indianapolis area is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live.
Highlights Community Health Network seeks a Psychologist for an exciting opportunity to practice with our Bariatric and Medical Weight Loss Services group at Community Hospital North. This role offers the chance to join a highly-experienced, knowledgeable and collegial team. Ideal candidates will:
- Desire to work as part of a collaborative team
- Possess excellent diagnostic and communication skills
- Employ a customer service mindset
- Desire to provide expertise and guidance to patients, providers and staff
- Possess experience treating and working with bariatrics patients
- Share Community’s “Patients First” philosophy
Licensure & Certification Doctorate degree from an accredited program, licensed to practice in the state of Indiana as a Health Service Provider in Psychology (HSPP).
About Us Headquartered in Indianapolis, Community Health Network has been deeply committed to the communities it serves since opening its first hospital, Community Hospital East, in 1956. Now with more than 16,000 caregivers and 200 sites of care, Community Health Network puts patients first while offering a full continuum of healthcare services, world-class innovations and a new focus on population health management. We are guided by a simple mission: “Deeply committed to the communities we serve, we enhance health and well-being.” Our organization’s values are represented by the acronym PRIIDE: Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Inclusion, Diversity, and Excellence. These values drive the work we do every day and the attitude we bring to every task.
Sarah Holland, Sr. Network Provider Recruiter