Farah Husain, MD
Monique Hassan, MD
Teresa LaMasters, MD
Eric Ahnfeldt, MD Folahan Ayoola, MD Clinton Bolton, PhD Diego Camacho, MD Judy Chen, MD Michael Edwards, MD Sylvia Herbozo, PhD January Hill, MD Crystal Johnson-Mann, MD Neil King, MD Rebecca Lopez, MD Abdelrahman Nimeri, MBBCh, FACS Arghavan Salles, MD Jessica Smith, MD Donn Spight, MD Nova Szoka, MD Samuel Szomstein, MD Andre Teixeira, MD
ASMBS Staff Liaison
To study and support the educational and professional needs of under-represented members, promote the acquisition of members from all ages, genders, and ethnicities, and increase access to care for our diverse patient population.
- Create a slate of members who reflect the target population of under-represented members and patients.
- Identify gaps in addressing the needs of under-represented members and patients.
- Create, design and implement projects that will support the mission of the DIC committee and of ASMBS
- Create a session on diversity and inclusion for Obesity Weekend 2019
- Build relationships with community partners to outreach patient populations who traditionally under-utilize bariatric surgery
- Liaise with Access to Care Committee to work on ensuring all patients have access to bariatric surgery
- Liaise with Membership Committee on increasing the current 9% female membership
- Work on initiatives (incorporating social media) to recruit young members for mentorship and support