Richard Peterson, MD, MPH
Neil Floch, MD
Ranjan Sudan, MD
Executive Council Liaison
Brian R. Smith, MD, Past Chair
Joshua B. Alley, MD
Jonathan Finks, MD
Mark Fusco, MD
Valerie Halpin, MD
Marcelo Hinojosa, MD
Marina Kurian, MD
D. Wayne Overby, MD
Allan Okrainec, MD
Aileen A. Murphy, DO
Kevin Reavis, MD, FACS
Michael A. Russo, MD
Nathaniel Sann, CRNP
Shawn Tsuda, MD
Duc C. Vuong, MD
Matthew J. Weiner, MD
ASMBS Staff Liaison
Reba Liddy Hernandez
To foster communication between health professionals on obesity and related conditions.
The aim of the Communications Committee is to facilitate communication between the ASMBS and its members, potential members and the public. This includes making recommendations on new opportunities and technologies to enhance communications; working with the ASMBS staff to develop methods for timely identification of pertinent journal articles, special reports, media events, and Society activities appropriate for promotion; and maintaining active communication channels with the ASMBS President and the Executive Council.
- Disseminate information to members
- Help Provide information to consumers
- Facilitate communication between members
ObesityWeek Meeting App
- Work with ASMBS staff to identify and implement optimal meeting app
Ongoing ASMBS Webinars
First webinar was launched Wednesday, March 9, 2016 with over 100 participants. Topic, gastric balloon debate, was very well received. Identifying and implementing future webinars.
- Second Webinar took place Wednesday, May 4, 2016. Topic: The Band is Coming Out – Now What? Sleeve v. Bypass Debate Attendees: Over 100.
ASMBS IT launched member dashboard and online renewal tools for 2015
Currently working on expanding the potential uses for the new ASMBS online member database
- Committee continues to review and provide feedback about the ASMBS.org website to ensure all content remains up-to- date.
Facebook page – Currently has 3,898 likes as of 5/19/16
- Twitter – Currently has 9,001 followers as of 5/19/16