President: Laura Fischer, MD MS
Secretary: Zhamak Khorgami, MD
Treasurer: Mohammad Farukhi, MD
Past President: Hamilton Le, MD FASMBS; Luis Gorospe, MD
STAR (State Access to Care Representative) OK: Roy Greenway, Jr., MD
IH STAR (State Access to Care Representative) OK: Carah Horn, MBA-HCA BSN RN
STAR (State Access to Care Representative) AR: Tripurari Mishra, MD
IH STAR (State Access to Care Representative) AR: Shirley Bearden, RN CBN
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting at the ASMBS Annual Meeting 2022 in Dallas, TX
Tuesday, June 7th
Hyatt Regency Dallas/Bryan Beeman B Room
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting January 21, 2021 – Zoom annual meeting to discuss telemedicine, insurance coverage, access to care, and elective surgery restrictions.
Phone calls and emails among members, but no meetings due to restrictions.
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting January 2, 2020
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting January 10, 2019
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting at ObesityWeek 2018
Tuesday, November 13
Omni Nashville Hotel, 250 5th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203, Gibson Boardroom
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting April 12, 2018 in Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma/Arkansas Annual Chapter Meeting November 5-6th, 2017
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting July 2017 at Bodine in Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting May 11, 2017 at Bodine in Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting April 13, 2017 in Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting January 12, 2017 at 7pm
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Meeting August 11, 2016 in Tulsa, OK
Quarterly meetings will be the 2nd Thursday of each Quarter: January, April, August, and October
August 20, 2015 – Hosted by the Oklahoma ASMBS
May 2015: First annual meeting to restart chapter
- All activities for 2020 were cancelled due to COVID.
- Walk from Obesity Spring 2018
- State Insurance – Healthchoice began coverage for state employees and teachers in January 2017; 250,000 covered lives affected statewide.
- Spring 2017 Bariatric Ball
- We were successful in lobbying the state insurance, HealthChoice, to provide bariatric benefits for teachers and state employees starting January 1, 2017.
- May 14, 2016 Walk from Obesity – 125 participants
- Lobbying state health insurance for bariatric benefits; they are conducting their own pilot to prove feasibility and cost effect benefits.
- Bailey Clinic, Owasso, OK http://www.baileybariatrics.com/support-groups
- Weight Wise, Edmond, OK www.weightwise.com
- Integris Weight Loss, Oklahoma City, OK www.integrisok.com
- Journey Clinic, Norman, OK www.journeyclinic.com
- OU, Oklahoma City, OK
- OU-Tulsa, Tulsa, OK