Why Join the ASMBS?
- Complimentary subscription to the digital and print versions of SOARD, Surgery for Obesity And Related Diseases*.
- Discounted registration to the ASMBS Annual Meeting at ObesityWeek, Spring Event and post-graduate CE courses.
- Your practice and contact information in our membership registry, searchable by prospective patients.
- Access to members-only documents and online resources.
- Eligibility to join your local ASMBS State Chapter which provides educational lectures and lobbies towards state political issues and local insurance problems.
- Email alerts about new published research findings, political events and society highlights.
- Membership in IFSO, the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders.
- Opportunities to join ASMBS committees that impact research, education, patient access, innovation, communication and public service in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
*Included in all Surgeon membership but optional for Integrated Health members
All memberships must be renewed annually. Membership is on a calendar-year basis (January – December)
Payment must be received before an application is reviewed. Please allow 4-8 weeks from submission of COMPLETE and PAID application for review.
Apply For Membership
SURGEONS and PHYSICIANS (NOT International – CLICK here for International Membership Applications and Information) – Please allow 4-8 weeks from submission of COMPLETE and PAID application for approval.
Fill out the online Surgeon/Physician Application with Instructions or Download the form.
Fill out the online Regular Member Sponsor Letter of Recommendation Form or Download the form.
Integrated Health – Please allow 4-6 weeks from submission of COMPLETE and PAID application, for approval.
Fill out the online Integrated Health Application with Instructions or Download the form.
Fill out the online IH Letter of Recommendation Form here or Download the form.
Candidate members are encouraged to reapply for full ASMBS membership upon completion of training.
Please allow 7-10 business days to process membership applications and payments prior to registering for a course or meeting.