Why Join the ASMBS?
- Complimentary subscription to the digital and print versions of SOARD, Surgery for Obesity And Related Diseases*.
- Discounted registration to the ASMBS Annual Meeting at ObesityWeek, Spring Event and post-graduate CE courses.
- Your practice and contact information in our membership registry, searchable by prospective patients.
- Access to members-only documents and online resources.
- Eligibility to join your local ASMBS State Chapter which provides educational lectures and lobbies towards state political issues and local insurance problems.
- Email alerts about new published research findings, political events and society highlights.
- Membership in IFSO, the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders.
- Opportunities to join ASMBS committees that impact research, education, patient access, innovation, communication and public service in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
*Included in all Surgeon membership but optional for Integrated Health members
All memberships must be renewed annually. Membership is on a calendar-year basis (January – December)
Payment must be received before an application is reviewed. Please allow 4-6 weeks from submission of complete and paid application for review.
Apply For Membership
Surgeons and Physicians – Please allow 4-8 weeks from submission of COMPLETE application and payment, for approval.
Download the Surgeon/Physician Application with Instructions or fill out the online form.
Download the Regular Member Sponsor Letter of Recommendation Form or fill out the online form.
Download the Integrated Health Application with Instructions or fill out the online form.
Download the IH Letter of Recommendation Form or fill out the online form here.
Candidate members are encouraged to reapply for full ASMBS membership upon completion of training.
Please allow 7-10 business days to process membership applications and payments prior to registering for a course or meeting.