Why Join the ASMBS?
- Complimentary subscription to SOARD, Surgery for Obesity And Related Diseases.*, in both journal and electronic form.
- Members only registration fees to the Annual ASMBS Meeting at ObesityWeek and post-graduate CE courses.
- Access to the comprehensive ASMBS website, providing listings of meetings and courses and placing your name and practice in the member locator.
- Access to the Members-only section of the ASMBS website, which is constantly updated with new documents, features, and tools for ASMBS members.
- Access to the ASMBS State Chapter Program which provides local educational lectures, lobby towards state political issues and local insurance problems.
- Email Alerts about new published research findings, political events and society highlights.
- Membership in IFSO, the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders.
- Access to ASMBS committees that impact research, education, patient access, reimbursement, technologic innovation, communication and public service.
*Included in all Surgeon membership but optional for Integrated Health members
All memberships must be renewed annually. Membership is on a calendar-year basis (January – December)
Apply For Membership
Surgeons and Physicians
Download the Surgeon/Physician Application with Instructions or fill out the online form.
Download the Regular Member Sponsor Letter of Recommendation Form or fill out the online form.
Download the Integrated Health Application with Instructions or fill out the online form.
Download the IH Letter of Recommendation Form or fill out the online form here.
Candidate members are encouraged to reapply for full ASMBS membership upon completion of training.
Please allow 7-10 business days to process membership applications prior to registering for a course or meeting.