IH News and Events
A Note About Sensitivity
- Patients First, What about People-first?
- People-first Language for Obesity
Integrated Health Updates
Spring Event registration, Obesity Week, and ASMBS 30th Annual Meeting Abstract Submission
- CBN July 2013 Test Window – NOW OPEN - register for the July 2013 Window – Opened April 2, 2013
- Need help studying for the CBN Exam? - The online CBN review course has been updated and will be available online.
Become an Active IH Member
Are you interested in becoming more active in our society? Please consider joining an Integrated Health Committee!
Invite Your Colleagues to Join ASMBS
The IH Membership Committee is always looking for opportunities to grow our voice and enhance our Integrated Health membership . Please forward the link to your peers and encourage them to join ASMBS.
Please email Nate Sann, IH Membership Committee Committee Co-chair, if you have any questions regarding the process or a committee.
Check here for the latest news and information for the Integrated Health Section of the ASMBS.
Your Integrated Health Leadership
The Integrated Heath Executive Council is responsible for directing the activities of the Integrated Health Section of the ASMBS, including strategic planning and acting as representatives of their disciplines to the Executive Council and the society.
To improve public health and well-being by lessening the burden of the disease of obesity and related diseases throughout the world.
Integrated Health Executive Council
Christine Bauer, MSN RN CBN IH President-Elect
Julie Parrott, MS RD LD IH Secretary
Laura Boyer, RN CBN IH Past President
Robin Blackstone, MD, FACS, FASMBS EC Liaison
Margaret Furtado, MS RD LDN IH Member-at-Large
Maureen Quigley, APRN IH Member-at-Large
Karen M. Flanders, NP, CBN IH Member-at-Large
Jill Meador, RN, BSN, CBN IH Member-at-Large
Lisa West-Smith, PhD LCSW IH Member-at-Large
- To increase the awareness of the importance of the “integrated multidisciplinary” approach to the treatment of obesity
- To optimize patient access to comprehensive and long-term bariatric and metabolic surgical health care
- To promote better understanding of the role of integrated health professionals in bariatric and metabolic surgery
- To be the recognized authority on the “integrated multidisciplinary” approach to caring for the bariatric and metabolic surgical patient
- To increase integrated health professional membership value and retention
- To cultivate a knowledgeable, skilled and empowered membership inclusive of all integrated health specialties
Integrated Health Committees
Chair: Constance Simms, RN CBN;
Co-Chair: Nathaniel Sann, FNP-BC MSN
Chair: Pamela Davis, RN CBN CCM;
Co-Chair: Lisa West-Smith, PhD LCSW
Integrated Health Communications
Chair: Nathaniel Sann, FNP-BC MSN
Chair: Karen Flanders, NP CBN
Co-Chair: Maureen Quigley, ARNP
Integrated Health Multidisciplinary Care
Chair: Tracy Martinez, BSN RN CBN
Co-Chair: Mark Verschell, PsyD
Integrated Health Support Group Committee
Chair: Stephen Ritz, PhD
Co-Chair: Kellie Armstrong, RN, MS, CBN
Chair: William Gourash, MSN CRNP
Chair: William Gourash, MSN CRNP
Co-Chair: Jessie Moore, ARNP
Are you interested in becoming more involved with the ASMBS?
Find out how to join a Committee!
Integrated Health Programs
Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN)
Integrated Health Resources
Integrated Health Clinical Issues and Guidelines Publications
Gastric Band Adjustment Credentialing Guidelines for Physician Extenders