The State and Local Chapters Committee is proud to announce that the Executive Council has approved the first ever ASMBS State Chapter President’s Summit to be held February 1-2, 2013 in Dallas, TX. The Summit was the idea of outgoing Committee Chairman Dr. Lloyd Stegemann as a way to bring State Chapter President’s together to share best practices and to begin developing a plan to organize and advance bariatric surgery at the state level.
The Summit will focus on four main areas:
(2) Chapter Building
(4) MBSAQIP Quality Program
Topics to be addressed include:
- Making your chapter relevant
- Developing a legislative agenda
- Effective lobbying techniques
- Maximizing resources on a limited budget
- How to run an effective chapter meeting
- Physician outreach programs
- Creating a state collaborative
Attendees will hear from a host of speakers including Joe Nadglowski, President & CEO of the Obesity Action Coalition, Chris Gallagher President of Potomac Currents, Dr. John Morton Chairman of ASMBS Access to Care Committee, and Dr. Robin Blackstone ASMBS Past-President.
For more information email Nooriel Nolan: firstname.lastname@example.org