Description of Responsibilities:
The State Access to Care Representative (STAR) will represent the state on the ASMBS Access to Care Committee and be responsible for energizing the state organization/chapter around local access to care issues that are identified in the state. Below is an outline of the responsibilities of this position.
- Participate in quarterly teleconferences and monthly email forums
- Attend the annual meeting of the ASMBS and attend the Access to Care Committee meeting
- Serve as a two-way conduit to and from their state to the national group
- Participate in the national dialogue around access to care
- Assist in forming the official response of ASMBS to problems with access that arise locally, regionally, and nationally
- Speak to groups or participate in national forums on access to care in their regional area as needed
This individual should be someone who is a recognized leader within the state organization/chapter and who might become a future leader in the national organization.
This is a two year appointment.