IH Program Highlights
- This year’s IH Program was a success! We had over 675 attendees at our IH Main Session, which included the presentation of abstracts as well as workshops and symposiums on a variety of topics important to the Integrated Health Professional.
- Our IH Guest Speaker, Morgan Downey presented “Obesity from 30,000 Feet: Toward a Realistic Obesity Policy,” in which he shared a view of the global obesity picture and prevention strategies. Mr. Downey proposed a new model of obesity as an evolutionary disease; a disease of “no blame, no shame.” He further suggested obesity policy making must stop looking backwards and look forward instead.
- The new format provided more choices for attendees including a session on Management of Weight Loss Failure After Bariatric Surgery, a Peri-Operative Care course and a Pharmacology course. We also offered an expanded selection of nutrition courses in three separate sessions.
2012 Annual Meeting IH Awards and Honors
- 2012 Circle of Excellence Award
David Sarwer, PhD
- Integrated Health Research Awards for outstanding IH Main Session presentations
1st Place – Wendy King, PhD “Alcohol Problems Before and in the First Two Years
Following Bariatric Surgery”2nd Place – Conor Magee “Rheostat (Reactive Hypoglycaemia Examination of Symptom
Statistics): A Tool for Scoring and Investigating Hypoglycaemia Following Gastric Bypass”