ASMBS is inviting all surgeons and integrated health personnel from rural and lower volume bariatric surgery centers to attend an interactive Rural Subcommittee Meeting at the 29th Annual ASMBS Meeting in San Diego, CA.
The ASMBS Rural Subcommittee addresses the challenges that affect rural and low volume bariatric surgery practices by providing a stronger presence with an authoritative voice for more effective communication with the ASMBS leadership.
The Rural Subcommittee will:
- Advise the ASMBS Quality/Standards Committee on the unique aspects of a rural and lower volume bariatric surgery practice.
- Interchange ideas, information and experience pertaining to care of the metabolic and bariatric surgery patient in the rural or lower volume setting.
- Encourage development of partnerships with urban and suburban centers, both academic and non-academic.
- Develop and promote guidelines for patient selection and care in the rural and lower volume setting.
- Promote improved perioperative and long-term care of patients and the reduction of patient risk in the rural and lower volume setting.
- Foster educational programs for rural and lower volume physicians, and integrated health personnel.
- Encourage members to pursue clinical investigations that will promote outcome studies and quality assurance data in the rural areas.
We look forward to your participation at the Rural Subcommittee Meeting during the 29h Annual ASMBS Meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Thank you for your consideration. If you’re interested in attending the meeting or need additional information, please contact Jennifer Wynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.